Re-sale value

lakebum

Reaction score
Just in case anyone is wondering about their Benny holding it's value, there is a 2004 2550 RL on Craig's List for $29,000! It is a loaded boat with a 225 on it. Steve

I would say a Benny holds its value as well as any boat, due to their popularity and the level of service from Bennington.

But my last pontoon boat lasted me 27 years, and I bought enough boat to satisfy my present and future needs. We plan on this being our last large boat purchase.

There again, I might have to buy another PWC when I'm about 75 years old. We have one of the first SeaDoo's that's 22 years old and still runs great. I hope our year old Waverunner will also have a long lifespan.

Thats one of the "key" things we debated when buying Benni. I know we could have saved some serious $$$$ going to a "cheaper" brand, but figured in the end, we would lose even MORE money on resale value. I'm thinking if I got 70% resale value, the "other" would have been 50 or less. Then after looking at the other brand at dealer, it was trashed just from being on display.

I think Bennington definitely falls into the classification of you "get what you pay for", whether it's on the front side purchase, or back end support.

We ordered our second one this year 2375 GCW. I was amazed at what our 2007 2575 RL gave us in trade we paid about 32K for the old one and got 20% off list and 26K in trade. I know some of that might have been additional discount but it is still amazing to think you can use a boat for 6 years and 80% of its value. Go Bennington

FYI, I bought our boat last year with 600 hrs on it for low 30k with a new trailer under it. Any member bought the same year, engine and model boat recently with 100 hrs on it for mid 30K. The 3-5 year old Bennington boats are hard to find and pricing info is very sketchy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back