Rear-Facing Loungers: Big Group (Socializing)?

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/index.php?/gallery/image/1749-stern/

Don't forget the chaise lounge upgrade in lieu of the Queens seat (on the G series). This gives your Queen a spot to lounge next to you (with the filler seat by the gate) and a table to put her food and drink. On my boat this is the 2nd most sought after seat. It also provides a shaded sleeping spot when slow cruising my princess to nap. An added advantage is more storage!!!! I love, love, love my layout. Only think I would change is how much I get to use it... darn work and chores always getting in my way.

I need some better friends....

Last edited by a moderator:
we love having them and would not buy a toon without the option in our future. so worth it!! we feel its the best seat in the house!!

Hey Mike!! Welcome to the family. I went through the same thing you are with trying to find the right layout, last Fall. A brand new layout surfaced last year that we didn't notice until December. I was just as leary about the loungers as you. Great comfortable lounging, but not the comfortable seating capacity you mentioned. We decided on the RSR, and absolutely love how this layout works. The table works excellent in this scheme, and we adore the King and Queen captains chairs!! The seating in front and rear are also loungers in their own right. An armrest pulls down when used as a lounger both front and rear. Yet when you want conventional seating, you have comfortable seating for many. The GSR is the same layout, but without the fold down armrests. We also purchased the ottoman for the Queens comfort, and the gate seat to add more seating if need be. The gate seat works in both front and rear of the boat.

Like everyone says, you have to be comfortable with your decision. But no matter which one you choose, you will be very happy!!

Good Luck and have fun!!,

Jimmy
The RSR and the GSR's look perfect!! Thanks Jimmy.

So, for the most part buying brand-new, the G Models are in the "mid-thirties" and the R's are up close to the "sixties" as far as price, correct?

Depends on what you want on them.

I have a leftover RLI and I was WAY under 60k !!!

Heck I wasn't even in the 30's !!!

A big part of the price comes when adding HP. I don't understand why some of these motors cost what they do.

It's because they can.

Mike: I purchased a 2275 RCW Closed Stern this Spring. I went through the same thought processes as you. I will add a couple of thoughts. You can buy a center walk through with either closed stern or not ("open stern"). We are glad we bought the closed stern, because of the extra padding for seating four people in the stern area. However, as you point out, the rear-loungers are actually designed for a person to be seated facing rearward. Were I to do it over, I would probably buy the follow Jimmy's lead and buy the 2250 RSR. And yes, add the removable bow seat for front or back. And we have the coffee table which is optional for R-series and very comfortable for propping up feet. I also love the design of the 2250 RCL.

Back