Rear outside speakers

clbycole

Reaction score
Hey everyone, first time posting. I have a 2010 20sli that I am wanting to mount two 6 inch speakers on. I want to mount them to the top of the rear storage/changing area and have them facing out for when we are beached. I'm thinking just cutting the holes with a hole saw. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Will the back storage area seal it enough to give it a good sound? Any help is appreciated!

Welcome! What kind of material will you be cutting through? If it's an enclosed area it should be a pretty good place for them. There are several people on this board that have installed some pretty impressive systems so I'm sure they'll chime in with real world advice.

Welcome! What kind of material will you be cutting through? If it's an enclosed area it should be a pretty good place for them. There are several people on this board that have installed some pretty impressive systems so I'm sure they'll chime in with real world advice.

It's the black fencing that goes around the whole boat. Won't have to mess with the square tubing or any of that.

I don't think I would mount them on or in the fencing.

The fencing is not very strong and I believe there would be quite a bit of movement. It's not solid enough. I'm sure others will chime in. How about some pics of what you want to do.

The smaller black area on top where the square tubing goes all the way around is where I want to mount them. One on each side. I agree the fencing isn'20180529_155208.jpg real strong but I could add more rivets from the fencing to the square tubing on the back to reinforce it. If it's a bad idea I won't do it just wanted to see what everyone thought. It's not a real expensive or fast boat so I hate to buy tower speakers to mount on square tubing.

And I’m having trouble just drilling a couple of very small 1/4” holes in mine to secure the fender hardware. :(
Center punch and a GOOD drill bit.

What I meant was that I hate putting any holes in my boat that weren't already there. :) I'd sure hate to start cutting out big holes for speakers.

why don't you look for speakers that they mount on wake board towers ,
instead of cutting holes, if your beaching it you could just mount them on poles and just hook of the wires to a simple connecter

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_287.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_287.jpeg
    44.1 KB · Views: 33
Back