Recommendations for a Repair Shop in Maryland?

donndo

Reaction score
Hello,

I had my 2275 FSi down in SC (where I have a covered dock and store the boat on hydro-lift) and when we went down for a couple weeks of boating I discovered someone had unsnapped some of the mooring cover and stole the stereo, speakers, and a couple batteries among other things. The worst part is that they appeared to have left most of the cover snapped on and left in place the aluminum poles that prop up the cover. Well, it looks like a storm must have come along and it ended up tearing a good portion of the mooring cover, and one of the poles must have been flapping around violently, as it torn up some upholstery and scratched and chipped the console.

I've begun working with the insurance company, but I have no idea where in Maryland (my primary residence and where the boat is currently located) I should take it for repairs. Anyone out there have any recommendations? What about experiences with getting upholstery and fiberglass (I'm assuming that is what the console is made of) repaired and things that one should look for in shop?

Thanks for any advice you can provide,

~Jim

I can't give you any specific place, but i would start with finding the closest Bennington dealer, they will have the parts catalogs for any items that need to be had from Bennington.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks SEMPERFI. I live in Sykesville, MD, so Hanover, PA is not too far from me. I'll give them a call and see what they have to say.

~Jim

Tell them Smitty sent you, they know who I am ..... :D
I'm going to use this at restaurants, sporting events, concerts, etc. Your fame spreads farther than you know! Good luck with the repairs. If I see someone out messing with our boat I'm going to take them out to swim with the fish's

Back