Removing old boat letters/numbers......

BigKahuna

Reaction score
Sharkhide application is complete......all I have to do is remove the old Virginia boat letters/numbers and apply the NC ones........easier said then done! I read that the best way to remove them is to use heat (blow dryer or heat gun and it'll peel right off. One problem..........where the boat is currently parked there is no power source! I have also tried Goo gone, WD 40, Goof off, mineral spirits, gasoline.......you name it I've tried it. Those are some tough numbers/letters.......

DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY OTHER IDEAS?!?!?!?!?

A heat gun works wonders, mine came right off with it. Do you have access to an inverter like the one you clip on your battery to get 110v? Not sure how big of a one you would need to run just a heat gun.

Daril, I have a generator. We'll talk later. Oh, I also have a heat gun.   :D

A heat gun works wonders, mine came right off with it. Do you have access to an inverter like the one you clip on your battery to get 110v? Not sure how big of a one you would need to run just a heat gun.
Daril, I have a generator. We'll talk later. Oh, I also have a heat gun.   :D
Resqu2.........you da man!!! I do have an inverter that I keep on the boat. I don't know why I didnt think of that. I can plug it into my truck right next to the boat. Thanks for the idea!

Carl I've got a heat gun. Let me see if the inverter idea works first.......see you guys in a bit.....

Meeting Carl and Suzie at an in water Bennington boat show today.........we'll post pics of the new boats we buy later.........Ha!

Resqu2.........you da man!!! I do have an inverter that I keep on the boat. I don't know why I didnt think of that. I can plug it into my truck right next to the boat. Thanks for the idea!

Carl I've got a heat gun. Let me see if the inverter idea works first.......see you guys in a bit.....

Meeting Carl and Suzie at an in water Bennington boat show today.........we'll post pics of the new boats we buy later.........Ha!
Make sure the inverter is up to snuff. The heat gun probably draws 1000w.

I'll check it......it's a 1 plug inverter that I use on the boat to plug our electric tube inflator into........

Back