Removing plastic floor sections from center tube

G

Geewest

Ok Im a pretty handy guy and Im good with Puzzles but I couldnt figure out how to remove the plastic floor from the center tube. on my 2275 Qcw. Their has to be some secrete way and sequance in removing the plastic pieces. Has any one had any luck and better yet can you describe it??? LOL

Haha, I tried too!! Frigging ridiculous! I was twisting and turning, then I realized I didn't need them out for anything, I was just fixated on getting them out because I started to try. So I gave up and put them back, plus if I had got them out, could I have got them back in????? Ticks you off though doesn't it?!!!

Gentlemen, that is a closely guarded trade secret. If we told you, we would have to . . . Well, you get the idea. lol

Seriously, I have no idea and never had any thoughts of taking them out. However, I do understand. I have a son just like you guys. He has to take things apart JUST to see how it all is put together.

You're not holding your tounge right.

(Insert "That's what she said!" Here )

I took my panels out because the bilge pump in the center tube was not working when we got the boat. That was last June and I don't remember how they are attached. I remember that they rest on tabs welded to the toon because one of the tabs is broken. Also found 5 empty Miller Lite cans under the flooring. Not close to the boat or I would look for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I took mine out right after I got the boat, I kept having a moisture issue in the storage area and found the drain hole in the bottom rear was plugged with all sorts of drillings, I didn't have an issue getting them out that I remember other than the 10 pounds of aluminum razors they left all over the boat during the build, same as my last one. Sorry I can't give any helpful advice and for the mini rant lol........

Last edited by a moderator:
Try this:

There are two 4' panels butted against each other. Along both sides of the panels, (where they butt together) you will find a strap and a snap. The straps straddle bars that are welded to the center tube. Release the strap from the snap and lift! ;) TB

p.s. We vacuum and clean each boat thoroughly before it leaves the plant...anyone who has been on a tour of our facilities will note this. Unfortunately, shavings are the "Nature of the Beast", and they seem to reappear for some folks after delivery. This can come from the shimmy and roll of the boat cruising on the water, or being hauled, or rocking at a dock, etc. as shavings fall out of crevices not reached with a vacuum. TB's own demo requires extra vacuuming for shavings, too. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Try this:

There are two 4' panels butted against each other. Along both sides of the panels, (where they butt together) you will find a strap and a snap. The straps straddle bars that are welded to the center tube. Release the strap from the snap and lift! ;) TB

p.s. We vacuum and clean each boat thoroughly before it leaves the plant...anyone who has been on a tour of our facilities will note this. Unfortunately, shavings are the "Nature of the Beast", and they seem to reappear for some folks after delivery. This can come from the shimmy and roll of the boat cruising on the water, or being hauled, or rocking at a dock, etc. as shavings fall out of crevices not reached with a vacuum. TB's own demo requires extra vacuuming for shavings, too. Sorry for the inconvenience.
I can appreciate a good smart a** as much as the next person, but I lifted and twisted and heaved and hoed those things in every direction, they were not eager to come out of there!! Are all hatches created equal?? Haha I'm sure they are, but I think mine musta shrunk!!!

I some how have the ability to do many technical things but some how removing these plastic pices even after I follow TB s "detailed instructions" < scarcazim I some how can't do it.

But seriously their is some more details or special trick to getting them out. I do notice they do have a corner notch cut out of them. I know this magical notch has somthing to do with getting them out other wise it wouldn't exist. O well some day I figure it out

I think (from memory since I haven't seen my boat for over 6 months) that notch is there more for fitment around a little support bar in the tube isn't it? Could be wrong, as I said haven't seen it in a while!

We could start a very amusing youtube channel of everyone trying to get these suckers out of there. There might be a bit of rough language, just sayin'

I can appreciate a good smart a** as much as the next person, but I lifted and twisted and heaved and hoed those things in every direction, they were not eager to come out of there!! Are all hatches created equal?? Haha I'm sure they are, but I think mine musta shrunk!!!
So you are stating you have "shrinkage issues" ...... It really must be cold up there !!!! Lol !!!!

So you are stating you have "shrinkage issues" ...... It really must be cold up there !!!! Lol !!!!
Looking back at it now, I don't think the hole shrunk, I think the other things must have swelled up. Only thing that makes sense.

Quick question regarding this topic.

This spring when I was cleaning out the storage area there was a couple inches of water in the toon. I see the bilge pump at the bottom and was wondering what controls it? Is it on some switch or is there a float built in to the pump? I bought the boat late last year so not real sure.

Also, Bennington needs to do a better job of fastening the square tubing that hold the plastic floor in place all four of mine the caulking broke loose and were lying in the bottom of the toon. I'm 6' 2' and that sucked crawling around down there and holding the rails in place waiting for the epoxy I used to set up :) . It is an 07 and knowing Bennington I'm sure that been resolved by now.

Back