Roof rack box?

BulldogsCadillac

Just some guy
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone uses the roof rack cargo carrying boxes, and if so which one? I guess also if you like it or are disappointed in anyway about it. I'm looking at the Thule Hyper XL 612,

http://www.thule.com/en-us/ca/products/carriers-and-racks/boxes-and-baskets/roof-boxes/thule-hyper-xl-612-_-1680020

We already have one of the hitch mounted swing away cargo boxes, but it's pretty heavy and since I have no garage, I have to keep it at my parents and it is just a pain to go and assemble it everytime you think you may need it. Not to mention it obviously can't be used if towing the boat or a trailer. 

We absolutely love it when it's on, works flawlessly, secure, stays dry and if I remember correctly, fairly dust proof too. Highly recommend if you have a place to store with out disassembling the box from the metal swing away.

Derrick, I think it would be a lot easier to buy a truck!!!! HA HA.

Derrick, I think it would be a lot easier to buy a truck!!!! HA HA.
Haha, we actually looked at it, but with our dogs, there just isn't enough room in a truck. We would essentially have a 2 seater truck, instead of the 3 seater Escalade!  Haha just thinking it might be easier for when we go skiing and bring the monoboard/monoski, whichever you prefer to call it. And when we travel up north to see friends and family, this thing is packed!! A truck would be no good. I'm not super keen on the idea of throwing $3G in camera gear in the back when we are -40C, too bad because they have 0% financing on right now! Haha

They make some nice toppers now that look sweet on a truck. Not the toppers of old .....

But I'm guessing your budgets blown on the Benni.

I want a roof rack for the Jeep but wife says no ....

I'd like to see what you come up with .... It's funny how quick you can run out of room in a big vehicle .... Two big furry kids n your toys and it's full !!

Semper, I agree with the Topper. I have one on my Mega Cab and looks good. Looks like a giant SUV.

Back