Rubber Ladder Latch

G

Geewest

Hey does anyone have a better option for the Rubber Ladder latch, I don't know if the sun drys them out or they are made to thin by the handle but this is a item that we have had problems with on our other boat as well

DSC02374.jpg

Last edited:
Ours is a thick rectangular strap with holes in it. It's 4 years old and in great shape. It looks like they put a handle on it and made it thinner. the handle would give you enough grip to break the strap. Not an improvement for the real world.

Had the same issue with both boats. What I did on the new one with that style latch was move it out to the end hole where it bolts on and it doesn't stretch it out as far. The original was mounted in the middle hole and broke within 6 months the second looks like new not being stretched out after I put in on using the end hole. Rubber doesn't like being stretched to the max all the time.

Hey does anyone have a better option for the Rubber Ladder latch, I don't know if the sun drys them out or they are made to thin by the handle but this is a item that we have had problems with on our other boat as well

DSC02374.jpg
I replaced mine with a black rubber bungie strap. Cut the strap to the lenght you need. Drill the (uncut end) hole out to fit the peg on the ladder and drill hole in the other end to mount it.

Back