Running wire for speakers

gregwilson

Reaction score
I have a 2013 2550 GBR tri-toon. I want to add some speakers to the rear bar. If I could take off the shield that runs the length of the pontoon on each outer side it would be easy.  It bolts under the rub rail and extends down to the  pontoon. It is held in place by 3/8 bolts and nuts on every other cross member. The rear 4 bolt nuts are not visible to hold the nut to take off. Are they blind nuts? got any suggestions?

Maybe they are self tapping back there ?? Did you try to back them out?

Can you reach up through the toon brackets to get to them if they do have nuts??

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm afraid to back off because if not self tapping I can't retighten. No way to reach through toon bracket. If their not self tapping I can't take off.

Can you get a "Fish Tape " through there ?

Check with your dealer ,perhaps they have had to remove them .

Didn't big block just take his off to polish his toons? Maybe he can chime in and advise how he did that.

Have the same toon had the same problem trying to put on our Lowrance elite 7 fish finder got the darn fishtape stuck some of it is still in there We want to put speakers in our bar to but have not looked into yet plus a ss grill on the back deck Post some pics when you get her done

Back