Sea grass or teak vinyl?

Deb Nelson

Reaction score
We are waiting for our new boat to be built, and we ordered sea grass, but I’m wondering if that was the best choice. I was very excited about the teak looking vinyl but didn’t really think I liked it when I saw it in person on the show room. Can anyone tell me what they think of the vinyl versus the sea grass? Thank you!

I like Seagrass as I think it feels softer under the feet. I thought the teak seemed “harder”. I also prefer the look of the seagrass vs. teak. Now on certain color boats, the teak looks SWEET, but at the end of the day, I still choose seagrass.

I have the same thoughts as Semperfi8387.

I love the sea grass. Soft on feet and just looks great.

Ditto what was said above.

Welcome Deb! I think you'd be happy with either. The decision has been made so go with the flow and enjoy that new boat! Post some pictures and tell us a little about your options and yourself, too...

I don’t think there’s a wrong choice there. I went with the teak vinyl. I was expecting it to be hard like on our last South Bay but it actually has some cushion and it’s fairly soft to the touch. I like it and am glad that it’s softer than the last boat, especially when climbing around on my knees putting the cover poles up.

We have the sea grass and Love it

Both look great, we chose sea grass and love it, either way you’d be fine, I’m sure you built a sweet boat, don’t second guess yourself!

we went with the seagrass on ours! Our friend has one with the Teak. The Teak leaves scuff marks from flip flops, shoes of any kind and is firmer to walk on.

we went with the seagrass on ours! Our friend has one with the Teak. The Teak leaves scuff marks from flip flops, shoes of any kind and is firmer to walk on.

Are you talking about the new, softer teak or the older hard teak flooring? The new teak that I went with on my 2018 is softer than the sea grass when I compared them.

Last edited:
Are you talking about the new, softer teak or the older hard teak flooring? The new teak that I went with on my 2018 is softer than the sea grass when I compared them.
Interesting comment. I'll have to check it out on my next visit to the dealer.

Bennington offers two types of teak. The aged teak is the upgraded flooring and the vinyl teak.

My friend has the aged teak, felt firmer under foot to me and they complained about it leaving scuff marks from shoes/flip flops.

I like the look of the aged teak better than the sea grass but chose the latter due to the concerns my friends have.

Back