Shallow Water Lift

rfholman

Reaction score
I have the pleasure of owning a 2011 Bennington 2275 RCW on a large urban lake in Wisconsin. She is housed in a Shore Station lift. Unfortunately, we are experiencing a drought this year and for the first time I was unable to get my boat out of my lift this past weekend. Even with normal rainfall, I live on the shallow end of the lake and we often operate on the margin. Does anyone have any recommendations for a different/innovative lift that might be better suited for my situation? I appreciate any ideas. Thanks.

How deep is the water under your boat lift? We have a Hi-Tide lift but have enough water to use it even when the water is real low. Do you have a floating dock? I've seen floating lifts that attach to the front of the dock and drop the stern of the boat down to get off and on the lift, sort of like a tilting trailer. I don't remember the name though.

Have you considered Sea-Legs? A friend has them on his Bennington. Basically they are hydraulic legs that mount to the underside of the pontoon between the tubes (although I understand a tri-toon design is available). They add just under 500 pounds in weight, but it is well distributed. I understand trailering is not impacted. Some have wireless remotes as well. The cost is about the same as a new shorestation, about 5K installed. I've seen local installers that will travel to you advertised on Craigslist. http://sea-legs.com/ B)

slide-04.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the pleasure of owning a 2011 Bennington 2275 RCW on a large urban lake in Wisconsin. She is housed in a Shore Station lift. Unfortunately, we are experiencing a drought this year and for the first time I was unable to get my boat out of my lift this past weekend. Even with normal rainfall, I live on the shallow end of the lake and we often operate on the margin. Does anyone have any recommendations for a different/innovative lift that might be better suited for my situation? I appreciate any ideas. Thanks.
What lake are you on? The lake in Wisconsin that I am on fluctuates all summer long because it is on a flowage. I have a Floe VSD-5000 lift for my 2011 2275 RCW LTD. It has 4 wheels on the lift so I can easily push it out with two people, or pull it in based on the water level. I'm in pretty shallow water as well most of the time.

Back