SharkHide-Can I Apply While Boat Is On Lift?

Tooncrazy

Reaction score
I'm getting a new boat with factory applied SharkHide. I've heard of folks applying another coat of SharkHide right after getting delivery of their new boat. I don't have a trailer and will be keeping my tri-toon on a boathouse lift.

Is it practical for me to apply a coat of SH using some sort of mop/pad on a handle  while the boat is on my lift? I realize that I won't be able to reach some areas of the pontoons while the boat is on the lift.

Thanks for any input.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm no expert, but I think that's pretty toxic stuff that you wouldn't want in the water.

If it's on the lift and out of the water sure that's fine....the preferred method is to use a cloth diaper and if you do it properly there aren't any drips.

One vector off topic. How do you treat scuffs? I have a few already from docking in the slip. Should I treat the spots as they occur or wait until the end of my first season and treat whatever is there att that time?

No response unfortunately. I asked the dealer to take a look and let me know what they think.

Back