Shirt dye rubbed into BRAND NEW seats!!!

griz0801

Reaction score
One of my buddies wore a brand new yellow neon shirt on the boat this weekend and it seeped into the new seats on my 2575QCW.  I have tried a few difference cleaning materials from people in the marina and nothing is working....has anyone had this problem?  Solution?  Any help would be great!!!!

Magic eraser? Just make sure to flush thoroughly with water and apply 303 protectant.

Wow, haven't heard of it from a shirt. I used to be at a furniture store and whenever I sold someone leather seating I ALWAYS warned them of wearing dark blue jeans. I always used our leather cleaner and it worked well, not sure what it would do with vinyl.

My daughter brought a magazine along on one ride. The print from the mag transferred to the vinyl. I tried everything. Eventually, it simply disappeared. I'd hold off on using anything super strong. Simple Green and see if it fades.

Don't use Simple Green.  It will take the top coat off the vinyl.  Been there, done that,  have the moldy seats to prove it.

I've not heard that before!

Mean Green is all my dealer says to use.  I use much stronger stuff--Zep orange degreaser and a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser--to get off spider poop. 

Next, I'm trying out StarBrite bird/spider poop remover to see if the enzymes help remove the pinpoint stain.  I'm not optimistic.

Back