Simrad Go5

Noah Genda

Reaction score
Long time since I have been on the forum. I just purchased a used 2020 23SWB Bennington. It’s an incredibly nice boat, but I have a question about the Simrad unit. I have attached a screenshot I took of the display. It powers on, but it does nothing else. The boat originated in Massachusetts, and now resides in Indiana. Any thoughts before I call Simrad? Thanks IMG_1523.jpeg

Quick, potentially related, question. Are you just the second owner? If so, did you get the warranty transferred to you through an authorized Bennington dealer.

More related: can you click on the two diagnostic icons in the upper left hand corner of that screen? What happens when you click the “X” to exit out in the upper right hand corner of that information screen?

Finally, I bet that 23’ RSBWA is a beauty. If so inclined, share a couple pictures of your new to you Bennington. Members always like appreciating one another’s boats.

Quick, potentially related, question. Are you just the second owner? If so, did you get the warranty transferred to you through an authorized Bennington dealer.

More related: can you click on the two diagnostic icons in the upper left hand corner of that screen? What happens when you click the “X” to exit out in the upper right hand corner of that information screen?

Finally, I bet that 23’ RSBWA is a beauty. If so inclined, share a couple pictures of your new to you Bennington. Members always like appreciating one another’s boats.
Thanks for your quick reply. I believe the local Bennington dealer took the info to transfer the warranty. Still waiting on the official confirmation. My boat is 1 1/2 hours away. I’ll check on the diagnostic icons tomorrow. Until then.

Attachments

• IMG_1497.jpeg
    IMG_1497.jpeg
    209.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1498.jpeg
    IMG_1498.jpeg
    194 KB · Views: 20
Just spoke with a Simrad tech - very polite individual who gave me sound advice and way to solve problem. Won’t be easy, seeing I have to shrink myself, crawl under the helm, and install a micro SD card with my fat fingers. Their newer models have an SD card slot on the face of the unit.

Important point: before proceeding, you need to discover if you have an engine gateway or autopilot installed. A software update could create potential issues and should be resolved first.

TR

Last edited:
If you don't have any other gauges you will 100% have a gateway cable. Your simrad is showing a c-map card in the picture you posted. When you're saying it wont do anything else what do you mean? Did you exit out of the screen you posted? What does it show on the home screen?

It boots up to a Bennington screen. Here are the photos I took. Now I won’t be at my boat until Tuesday.

Attachments

• IMG_1523.jpeg
    IMG_1523.jpeg
    63.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1520.jpeg
    IMG_1520.jpeg
    77.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1521.jpeg
    IMG_1521.jpeg
    71.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1522.jpeg
    IMG_1522.jpeg
    66.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1519.jpeg
    IMG_1519.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1524.jpeg
    IMG_1524.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 14
Is that with the engine running? You have the chart and nav tab. When you hit them hit should siplay something. I know on my boat if i power the simrad on with the engine key on it will not show any of the suzuki gauges. If you go into settings and network it will list everything that is connected to the simrad. Fuel level sender, engine link, etc...

If you don't have any other gauges you will 100% have a gateway cable. Your simrad is showing a c-map card in the picture you posted. When you're saying it wont do anything else what do you mean? Did you exit out of the screen you posted? What does it show on the home screen?
I’m currently at my boat and I do have gauges. Attached is a photo from under the helm. Question: do I have a gateway cable so I have to do something extra to update the Simrad software?

And what’s the component with the green dot? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1572.jpeg
    IMG_1572.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1571.jpeg
    IMG_1571.jpeg
    140.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1573.jpeg
    IMG_1573.jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 12
I’m currently at my boat and I do have gauges. Attached is a photo from under the helm. Question: do I have a gateway cable so I have to do something extra to update the Simrad software?
Is there a black plastic T like item somewhere under the helm? Mine is attached to the outer panel under the helm. It will have multiple things plugged into it. You ignition needs to be turned on for the simrad to detect the gateway cable.

Back