Ski Pylon

Rick2255

Reaction score
My ski pylon bent the first time we used our new boat. Looking for advice or information on how to get old pylon out and replace. Please help.
Thanks!!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 66
Wow, what were you pulling? It should twist out but that might be a as call to dealer…

I still want to know what you were pulling? I have the same pylon, and that thing is a beast. Now I am concerned with my setup.

If it's like my 2011 GCW, you turn it clockwise about 30 degrees then pull up to get it out. That is counter-intuitive.

Wow! Just. WOW! Like Pbakk said, the pylon is a beast and I can't imagine bending it even slightly. Obviously, it does bend but I'd have to think the tow rope would have broken long before that solid piece of metal would bend like that.

I still want to know what you were pulling? I have the same pylon, and that thing is a beast. Now I am concerned with my setup.
i want to know too!!...my only guess is an empty tube submarined on him.

The good news is that the pylon floor anchor held. It didn't rip out of the floor and hurt someone. Maybe another boat was being pulled?
I hope someone on a tube couldn't bend it like that... Might want to check the structure below for damage such as broken welds.

Attachments

• Benny Aircraft.JPG
    Benny Aircraft.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 22
Wow, what were you pulling? It should twist out but that might be a as call to dealer…
I was pulling a tuber and the tube went under a wave and it instantaneously
bent. It was the first time we used it. Previous boaters didn’t tube. Does anyone have a video of a regular one getting installed or taken out? Bennington said they would replace but I need to get old one out. Please help. Thanks!!!!

Last edited:
The good news is that the pylon floor anchor held. It didn't rip out of the floor and hurt someone. Maybe another boat was being pulled?
I hope someone on a tube couldn't bend it like that... Might want to check the structure below for damage such as
I was pulling a tuber and the tube went under a wave and it instantaneously
bent. It was the first time we used it. Precious boaters didn’t tube. Does anyone have a video of a regular one getting installed or taken out? Bennington said they would replace but I need to get old one out. Please help. Thanks!!!!
broken welds.
I hope someone on a tube couldn't bend it like that... Might want to check the structure below for damage such as broken welds.

I guess from what I am reading, the tube submarined and not enough weight to the rear to keep the front from going under. That's a lot of pressure and stress which I guess could bend that tube. Wow.. No way you can turn that tube to line up the ears to get it pull straight up and out? What's the height of the tube? 52"?

Can you remove the upper guide sleeve as you remove pylon?

FYI -- if yours is like my 2011 GCW, this is what you are dealing with:

ski pylon.JPG

and this is why I told you previously to turn it clockwise
ski pylon base.JPG

Back