Slope of new cover

Pbakk

Reaction score
Hello, I received a new Bennington cover for my 2019 22’ GSR. Is it me, or does the slope seem like an issue. The new cover has less slope and is very tight versus my old cover (which leaked). First photo is new cover, 2nd photo is old cover I had to significantly reduce the height of the poles for new cover. Maybe it is normal for new cover to be tight and it will stretch out some? Thanks for any feedback.

Attachments

• 1692918924820.jpeg
    1692918924820.jpeg
    104.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0790.jpeg
    IMG_0790.jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 41
That is a lesser angle .As long as it doesn't puddle, I would think it doesn't matter.

If they reduce the fabric much more, it will save me time not installing the poles. It is tight. :)

Seems pretty tight to me. I also received a replacement cover, but it fit almost exactly like the original. As Jack mentioned, if it’s not pooling water, then maybe it’ll be fine.

With all of you above. Seems tight and much less of an angle. Guess it comes down to if it does a better job than the one it replaced. Fingers crossed for you!!!

Pitch on roofs is partially determined by anticipated snow load - here in the mid-Atlantic we get some big heavy snows from time to time so a low-slope cover might worry me a little as far as weight tearing the fabric or fasteners. Other than that I don't think it's a huge concern, just keep the fabric taut so it can shed water and debris better.

Snow shouldn’t be a problem given indoor winter storage. Main concern was shedding water given reduction of slope. My previous Bennington cover, which leaked like crazy, was already significantly more flat than most pontoons in my area and I doubt this will help given its fit. The front pole has to be in it at an angle and shortened as much as possible.

Last edited:
If this new cover keeps 95% of the water out you should consider that a win! The other small amounts will keep your deck nice and clean!

Back