SLV (Join the Family) vs SL

pup975

Reaction score
I’m looking at buying our first pontoon. We’re looking at one of the 20’ SLV pontoons that is a part of the Join the Family plan. Is there much of a difference between the SLV and regular 2019 SL? I know the top row of the side paneling is filled with the SL in the 2019 version. We’re first time boat owners and the SLV fits our budget and needs, but just wonder if the differences are only cosmetic and available options.

Welcome pup975! Unfortunately, not being familiar with that model I'm not able to answer your question but hopefully someone else can. Whatever model, know that you'll be getting the best built pontoon available!

I googled it and it seems to be a take it or leave it trim level meant for the masses. Looks well optioned though and I'm sure will be a big seller.

After looking at the two, I would rather spec out the SL, as I personally don't like the way the SLV is set up, and haggle the price down to close to the SLV. For instance, I think the privacy room is a waste of space. Would never want it on a boat I owned. YMMV.

On further review, I see that you have a little latitude with the build, including the fish finder, as well as deleting the privacy enclosure for a credit. If 90hp on a twin 'toon is good for your needs, go for it. If you fish, it looks like you are able to add a couple of fishing options as well. That being said, you could still probably option out the SL and get the price close to the SLV with a good haggle. However, if the SLV is everything you want, you will be getting a very fine boat.

Back