Striper fishing rod mounts

Rssuttle

Reaction score
Bear with me. My Bennington has two fishing seats in back with the livewell that sits in front motor. The livewell has two outrigger holes to install rod holders. I’d like to use those in livewell but they don’t sit out to the side of pontoon. I’d like to use the two out rigger holes to put two straight pipes into and they stick up over livewell 12”-18”. Then run a pipe horizontal across the the two pipes in livewell to the sides of the pontoon. Maybe 18” to 24” out on each side and mount rod holders to troll for striper. Has anyone seen anything that might work. For now im using plastic mounts that connect to rail with no drilling into rail. There railblazer I think there called. There just not heavy duty enough.
I’d like the two poles coming out of live well to have a circle mount that I can slide the horizontal rod through it and just tighten.
Anyway I hope you can understand what I’m trying to do. Thanks

I’m attaching a picture. Something like this with the two rods going down into the the live wells already holes set up and with only like 2-3 rods able to hook to it.

Attachments

• IMG_3871.jpeg
    IMG_3871.jpeg
    117.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Lots of options for rod holders, just search some of the sportfishing sites or even West Marine might have some options.

These are made by Taco marine. Not necessarily what you're envisioning but gets the point across how you can utilize your existing tubes and get the necessary spread and height over your OB.

IMG_2608.jpeg

IMG_2607.jpeg

IMG_2606.jpeg

Thank you. This would be nice if I had the holes to set them in on each of the outside of pontoon. Look at the picture attached. You’ll see the live well has two holes you put rod into. I need a way to put it into those holes and bar that will reach to the outside of each side. The 2nd picture is what I’m trying to do. I’m not an artist so stick figure is all you get. Hope you understand?

Attachments

• IMG_3872.jpeg
    IMG_3872.jpeg
    106.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3872.jpeg
    IMG_3872.jpeg
    119.9 KB · Views: 23
That might have to be a DIY job - probably easy enough to do with threaded pipe for strength.
Yep. I was hoping someone came up with it already and give some pointers. Thanks for trying to help. Now gotta find pipes that are light and strong enough

You might want to try a striper fishing forum or website that sells gear specifically for trolling for rock.

IMG_2611.jpeg

There's also other boat OEMs out there (names intentionally withheld) that have striper-specific setups so you could pick up some ideas from these layouts as well.

Example, this has rocket launchers set up down each side of the rear fence. I'm sure it's been reinforced but could still be a DIY if using the livewell proves difficult.

IMG_2615.jpeg

That is a safe boating group. Everybody in PFDs.

Thanks for the ideas. I found one I believe will work. I bought two of them for under $45 each. I hope they’ll work. I only troll two rods at a time
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3912.png
    IMG_3912.png
    541.5 KB · Views: 15
For that price it's worth trying. When I went striper fishing with buddies we didn't do anything complicated like running planer boards - just had two umbrella rigs and a couple of singles in the rod holders and just needed to keep them at different depths so they wouldn't tangle. Finding them was always the hardest part, once we did that the catching was easy!

I started off wanting to do a diy setup. But I’m only fishing two lines with rigs and I’m gonna go with just one single one out the back. I think it’ll work fine.

where did you find these? looks perfect.
Hey. I found them on eBay. I like them but I’m gonna change my holders to 15* angel or 30* degree. They’re a little to high up from what i’d like. Once I do that it’ll be a good set up. I bought a set off Amazon to see if i’d like them but Amazon price was a lot higher. So I bought them from this guy.
Just a heads up. He doesn’t take returns. Im glad I tried them before I bought them.

Go to eBay and search this :

Dual Fishing Pole 2 Rod Spreader Outrigger Boat Trolling Dredge Teaser Holder

Dev Fishing is his website.
Only $40 a piece

Back