Team Bennington - What can I use to remove registration Sticker?

bankerii

Reaction score
What does Team Bennington recommend for removal of registration sticker residue without damaging the paint? Registration sticker was pulled off and now I have square with the word "void" printed over and over. It's not just glue I can scrape off, it's going to require chemical removal. What can I use that won't damage the paint? (acetone, gasoline, goof off, nail polish remover?) - these all seem harsh and I don't want to damage the boat. Can you provide some advice?

Thanks,

Don't know what TB will recommend but I use regular ol' paint thinner and it works fine. Apply a coat of wax after and you can't tell it was ever there.

Try Ronsonol lighter fluid like you would use for a cigarette lighter. I have been using that stuff for 35 years and I never damages anything. It is fantastice for removing anything with an adhesive. Great stuff.

Auto parts stores have decal and adhesive removers, they shouldn't harm the finish, follow up with a good wash and a coat of wax.
I used a decal remover from advance auto parts and it soften and ruined the paint on the little area I tested. Test your product first.

Goo Gone.

Warm it with a hair dryer first to make it easier.

Thanks Eric...try the heat gun or blow dryer first and you should be able to rub the decal off. A bit of Goo Gone or diluted DC99 (a great black streak remover, by the way) should take care of any residual gunk. If it's a much older boat (10 years plus) you might have a bit of a challenge.

Oh, by the by, TB was cruising past a "used boat liquidator lot" recently and saw a boat with unfamiliar graphics and a big "Bennington" name across the side (not our custom font). TB had to turn around and go check that out. Yep, it was our serial number and the inside of the boat looked fine, but the exterior re-do job was not pretty, no sir. If you have the urge to splurge on a new exterior graphics pack...order a new graphics/logo kit from one of our dealers...PLEASE! :)

Back