Tie downs for scissors trailor & 20 ft SX

The boat dealership stores our boat out of season. They use a bunk trailer for ours. They typically have the trailer at the boat launch waiting for me in the water. I loosely “drive it on”, but really am just pulling up to the dock with it in there submerged. Then once we are ready, I stand on dock and basically hold/walk the boat up and align with bunks as he wenches it secure. He then pulls out slowly as I continue to hold and align the back to “catch” or rest on the rear of the bunks. If we were properly aligned on bunks with our tritoon, he pulls all the way out and we secure it. If not, he backs back down into the water, and I try to align the back better.

This works for the boat launches at our lake, but others may have better systems, or systems they’ve worked out with their spouse and what not.

I have trailered with both style trailers for the last 36 years. For most of that time a rented scissors trailer was most appropriate. I primarily needed to go from on the ground to our boat landing with occasional trips to other lakes. I have a friend who is a sales person for the largest Bennington dealer (Millar Marine). That dealer has a fleet of triaxle scissors trailers. He has trailered thousands of miles with never a problem. Yes the scissors trailer is a bit tippy but that is not a problem if one is somewhat in touch with the physical world.

Back