Tilt switch

Hunterleej

Reaction score
20' 06 Bennington with 06 60 HP 4 stroke........last couple of outings when things are all set to go (coolers, Grand kids, etc) my tilt switch hasn't worked.....I can play with a little bit, switching from up to down and after a few minutes it starts to work perfectly.......when it is not working, it still makes the normal sound, but just doesn't move. It makes no difference whether I use the switch on the throttle lever or the switch on the side of the motor.....I'm dreading when I can't get it to work at all....any advice will be greatly appreciated....ThanksBennington.jpg

When youbsay it makes the normal sound, do you mean you hear the motor running? It might be low on hydraulic fluid or one of the solenoids might be bad.

Does the switch that is mounted on the motor still work normally?

When it is not working, neither switch works...when it kicks back in they both work........I saw where somebody said hydraulic fluid might be low or one of the solenoids might be bad....do you know how to check the solenoids?

This applies to most any smaller engine with a pair of relays like this. Normally either up or down doesn't work, not typically both, so maybe there is something else going on.

Back