Trailer tie downs?

Padre

Reaction score
Is it suggested to have aft trailer tie down straps? Right now the Benny sits on the trailer and is held in place by weight and the front strap/safety wire. All the other boats I've had (non-pontoons) always had stern tie downs on them. What say ye?

It's a must have for safety.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine has the eyelet in the rear of the toon, that's where my dealer had it, so that's where I have it.

cool looking rig Derrick. :) Mine has U bolts, where you would hook a tow harness for tubes, etc. That's where I will put them.

That's what we did on the first one as well. Maybe its because this one is an ESP? not sure.

Definitely find a place to tie down the back end. I wouldn't ever consider towing without them.

gallery_222_177_43218.jpg
The rear eyes on our twin elips for tie downs. The pic doesn't show them attached to trailer, but they go on the outside of the brackets on the toons and attach to a hook on the trailer at each side. They are welded in "eyes" on the pontoons. Not a U bolt set up

I do not have those eyes welded on my toons. I have the "S" series, maybe they left them off the less expensive series.

I just looked back at old pics of my first boat. The dealer originally had the the down straps into a hole in the motor mount it looks like. Not sure if that is right, but it worked!

"Old" pics ?????

Well yeah, sheesh, that's my first boat, so a couple years old! Haha

Back