Transom height

mtudb24

Reaction score
Is there any reason that bennington would make a 20" transom on a 2011 2275 RCW if was NOT equipped with a Yamaha SHO engine? I'm sure it's only my crazy self since I can't be with boat to perfom my own measurements. But when going back through my paperwork, my dealer states a optimax 150hp pro xs XL shaft on my order sheet, but the build docs from bennington with my hull number and options state the following:

Boat model 2275 RCWDD: 22RCW OB EXT TRANSOM

Rigging package: Mercury pre rig

Engine: 150LPRXSO Mercury 150hp OPTI 20" SX PRO.

I'm sure it's a typo as the boat is fast and runs great. But the ANAL engineer in me is now having doubts that I have a 25" shaft motor with a 20" transom

I plan on calling Bennington tomorrow with the hull number to see how it was built. I also found in my paperwork that yacht club trailers have a 2 year warranty on everything but tires, so why wouldn't my bad hub / bearing be covered as I am under the 2 year warranty and only have 750 miles on the trailer?

Just had to throw that out there.

Todd

Based on what info you have, I would think you have the 20" shaft on your motor. Only true way to know without physically looking at your boat would be by the serial number of the motor and checking with Mercury I would think.

I would think the trailer should be a warranty issue.

Dealer had paperwork wrong. Called merc and they confirmed engine was a long shaft (20in)

Todd

Good deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dealer had paperwork wrong. Called merc and they confirmed engine was a long shaft (20in)

Todd
Uhhh, wouldn't the long shafts be the 25"? I think the trailer should be covered as well, unless their saying that those are 'wearing' items, like tires. But I would think it should be.

Typo? LOL

Outboard are now listed as short shaft 15", long shaft 20", XL shaft 25", and xxl as, 30" shaft.

My Wellcraft with twins used a 25" shaft on each motor but my other Wellcraft use a single engine used a XxxL 30" shaft

Ahhh, gotcha!!

Back