Trolling Motor

Toonafish

Reaction score
I have ordered a 2012 24' SFI should start production on the 8th of August, I have been reading items posted on this site and find it very interesting.

My question is what trolling motors are owners of SFI's using I'm looking at a Minn kota 24 volt power drive made for a pontoon, also what lenght shaft do you have to use 54" is what i'm thinking,any suggestions welcome.

while i'm here how do I go about getting pictures of my SFI being built, have noticed these photos of other built Benningtons?

I don't have one on my boat. But plan to add one this fall. I think you will need one with a minimum of 55 lb of thrust and a 54" shaft would be okay. These Bennys do sit high in the water. Lets see what the experts on here are using. Oh and welcome to the forum and congradulations on you new purchase. What set up did you buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have one on my boat. But plan to add one this fall. I think you will need one with a minimum of 55 lb of thrust and a 54" shaft would be okay. These Bennys do sit high in the water. Lets see what the experts on here are using. Oh and welcome to the forum and congradulations on you new purchase. What set up did you buy.

I ordered the 24 SFI upgraded just about everything, dealer is installing a 75 hp Mercury, no tritoon at this time, we are on Hillsdale lake most of the time, plan to take it to Table Rock once or twice a year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you are in my neck of the woods. Many yrs ago I went to Hillsdale alot but after they put in the marina it just got too crowded. Too many big boats going in circles :lol: My home lake is now Truman only 1 1/2 hrs from my house and never crowded. Oh and great fishing. I am going to Table Rock next weekend and will spend a week there. Be carefull on Hillsdale the last time I was there ( with my previous bowrider ) I hit something and broke the gimbal ring and destroyed a Bravo 3 prop over 2500.00 in damage. :( Did you buy your boat from Midwest Marine? Pretty good guys over there.

Sounds like you are in my neck of the woods. Many yrs ago I went to Hillsdale alot but after they put in the marina it just got too crowded. Too many big boats going in circles :lol: My home lake is now Truman only 1 1/2 hrs from my house and never crowded. Oh and great fishing. I am going to Table Rock next weekend and will spend a week there. Be carefull on Hillsdale the last time I was there ( with my previous bowrider ) I hit something and broke the gimbal ring and destroyed a Bravo 3 prop over 2500.00 in damage. :( Did you buy your boat from Midwest Marine? Pretty good guys over there.
I did order the boat through Midwest Marine, Yes I'm just about 20 minutes west of you or 20 minutes north of Hillsdale.

Yes I have bumped a tree ot two from time to time, its the ones that you cant see that do the damage.

I used to have 28' Crownline on hillsdale at the marina got a little expensive so i sold that and purchased a bass boat had that for about three months and sold it, so now i'm on to the pontoon world, i fish while my wife sun bathes, little slower on the speed, so i think we have the best of everything once we get the new Bennington.

Back