Uh oh, a complaint!

Padre

Reaction score
Just got back from a glorious 6 weeks in glorious Ontario, Canada on GLORIOUS Jack's Lake. First time out on the boat, for real. Ran like a champ, although the 70 Yamaha spits and sputters and shakes and rattles at low RPM, just as you put it in gear. Couple of broken latches on the live-wells, rattling from the wood-tone cover on the dash. No biggies.

BUT

Putting the boat back on the Karavan trailer, no one noticed that the one guide on board had come loose and fallen down, leaving a LARGE carriage bolt sticking out. Now my beautiful, new, 2013 Bennington has a terrible scratch on the starboard pontoon nose-cone (inside), and a big dent where the nose-cone is welded to the main pontoon (inside.) First nick, first dent.

Dealer says neither Bennington nor the trailer company (Karavan) will cover that under warranty. Only insurance if the toon is punctured, but he doubts it is. The scratch initially looked like the grand canyon, but yesterday when I looked at it again when I dropped it off to the dealer it didn't look so bad. And since it's on the inside of the pontoon no one will really see it.

Sigh.

The first ones the most painful. Now that its done, it gets a little easier with time.

At least YOU did it, not someone else, those are even more painful !!!

Hey Padre..............Glad to see you had a "glorious" time!!!!!!!! Call Karavan direct and see what they say about the guide coming loose. It's a 2013 for God's sake..............shouldn't have come loose yet. Worth a shot...............

Just got back from a glorious 6 weeks in glorious Ontario, Canada on GLORIOUS Jack's Lake. First time out on the boat, for real. Ran like a champ, although the 70 Yamaha spits and sputters and shakes and rattles at low RPM, just as you put it in gear. Couple of broken latches on the live-wells, rattling from the wood-tone cover on the dash. No biggies.

BUT

Putting the boat back on the Karavan trailer, no one noticed that the one guide on board had come loose and fallen down, leaving a LARGE carriage bolt sticking out. Now my beautiful, new, 2013 Bennington has a terrible scratch on the starboard pontoon nose-cone (inside), and a big dent where the nose-cone is welded to the main pontoon (inside.) First nick, first dent.

Dealer says neither Bennington nor the trailer company (Karavan) will cover that under warranty. Only insurance if the toon is punctured, but he doubts it is. The scratch initially looked like the grand canyon, but yesterday when I looked at it again when I dropped it off to the dealer it didn't look so bad. And since it's on the inside of the pontoon no one will really see it.

Sigh.
I don't know everything, but pretty sure when your DEALER was delivered the trailer there was nothing installed, meaning it would have been the dealer who mounted the guide rails improperly causing the damage. I think I have a pic in my gallery of how mine got delivered to the dealer. I'm assuming yours would have been the same. I could be wrong.

Yeah, but!! The trailer warranty covers the trailer, and the Bennington warranty covers the boat. So if the trailer damages the boat.....uh oh.

Yeah, but!! The trailer warranty covers the trailer, and the Bennington warranty covers the boat. So if the trailer damages the boat.....uh oh.
Yes, but the trailer warranty doesn't really cover improper installation by a dealer, your dealer would have to cover that. Only way you can blame the trailer company is if they were the ones to MOUNT the boards on and deliver it like that to your dealer. At least that's my opinion of it all.

Back