Under floor fuel tank

bailey8331

Reaction score
Just got my brand new 2250 rcl about a week ago. Nice boat until you run into your first wave. Under floor fuel tank meets each wave head-on. It is similar to the feel of hitting bad chuck holes in your car. Both the dealer and manufacturer knew of this issue before delivering the boat to me and never mentioned it. Now it is my problem to deal with. Not a great way to do business!

Is your boat skinned on the bottom with the under deck wave shield? Mines not and I know what you mean, it feels like an anchor being thrown over. Call it learning the hard way. After really learning about a pontoon boat you know what you need. I think that`s what everyone means about buying what you want and need.

I dont think the tank has anything to do with what you talk about. If you look underneath when it sits at the dock you will notice the tank is just an inch or two in the water. When it`s on plane I dont think the tank in in the water at all. If I had it to do all over again there are a few things I would change. If you want me to elaborate just let me know. Only here to help.. HAPEHOUR

Sorry to learn of this issue. Please contact us with a PM so we can help resolve it. We certainly want your boat to run well for you. Boat serial number, servicing dealer and your contact phone number...thank you. TB

Is your boat skinned on the bottom with the under deck wave shield? Mines not and I know what you mean, it feels like an anchor being thrown over. Call it learning the hard way. After really learning about a pontoon boat you know what you need. I think that`s what everyone means about buying what you want and need.

I dont think the tank has anything to do with what you talk about. If you look underneath when it sits at the dock you will notice the tank is just an inch or two in the water. When it`s on plane I dont think the tank in in the water at all. If I had it to do all over again there are a few things I would change. If you want me to elaborate just let me know. Only here to help.. HAPEHOUR
It is definitely the tank. Dealer service mgr knew immediately the issue when I called. Mine is not their first. My biggest issue is that they knew it was a problem and sold me the boat anyhow.

I posted about this issue a few months ago. I have the exact same boat. Bennington will work with you. Very impressed with the outcome. Class act. I will buy my 3rd pontoon from them when the time comes.

No fix yet. Saw one that was fixed, yesterday, and it looked good except the partial tube they added stopped a foot short of the fuel tank cover. Should have brought it back close to the tank cover in my opinion. It's probably OK. Mine is to go back next week. Bennington rep told me he never heard of a problem with the tank even though they were already getting ready to fix one from the same dealer. Should have been up-front with me when I was buying the boat.

They added center tube and fully skinned my boat. Ive only ran it in smooth water so far but seems to have fixed the issue.

How does it sit in the water? Mine sits high in the front already w/150 Merc on it. Not a real objection, but I expect it to sit even higher.

Good. I only have a 90 Yami. Ill try to post pics.

Yep. Small world.. i guess you dont need pics!! I heard about your boat after mine..

Back