Upholstery coating

MrsClark

Reaction score
Of course at purchase time the dealer tries to sell you upgraded warranties and such. We did purchase the coating sprayed on upholstery to protect for stains and punctures/tears, etc. Having dogs and a hubby who is rough on things, it was just added protection, insurance if you will. But when we got it home we could see spots and spatter from the spray. Not terribly happy. 20171021_132011.jpg

There is no coating that will stop punctures.

I would revisit the dealer .

Let us know what kind of spray that is after you talk to your dealer about the sloppy application........

I had a fabric protection coating added onto our new boat this past year by the dealer, and it was great. No splatter, or anything. What little got on our upholstery whipped up easily.

Had it come back like that, I’d been frustrated. I would certainly revisit it asap with the dealer.

Oh I realize that coating will not stop a tear or puncture, I just take it as an insurance policy, which I am happy to pay for since we have the dogs and husband is a smoker and put an ash burn in my car seat. :mad:

Calling the dealer about the splatter today.

Last edited:
What is the protection spray? And where is it applied and what exactly is it meant to do? Do you need to re-apply? I thought the new material on the seats is easy to clean up and to not use anything but 409 or if really needed a mix of water/bleach?

What is the protection spray? And where is it applied and what exactly is it meant to do? Do you need to re-apply? I thought the new material on the seats is easy to clean up and to not use anything but 409 or if really needed a mix of water/bleach?

I can't remember what it's called. The dealer upsells you at closing. It's sprayed over all upholstery. They said we can reapply annually but that it's not going to void the warranty if we don't. I believe it is supposed to protect against staining mostly, bird and bug droppings, etc.

I'd request a Safety Data Sheet of the chemical. If you have a pup on board no telling where the lil' shaver will try and lap up a biscut.

Back