USFBA Cruise-In at Indian Lake

Indian_Lake_Bum

Reaction score
Like the title says there will be a Indian Lake USFBA cruise-in at lakeview harbor on May 16th from 10am-2pm to help kick off safe boating week.

This will give all Benny owners here (that are on indian lake or other lakes in the area) a chance to come out and talk with current USFBA members (that would be me) about the organization and what it's all about.  I guess you could think of it this way.....it's a meet and greet for all boat owners that are thinking of joining the USFBA.

Indian_Lake_Bum

I had no idea what USFBA was so I went to their web page ...........

589443193_orig.jpg

Indian Lake Open House Brings 6 new members to the USFBA

Our Organization

3190000.png

Welcome to the home of the US Freshwater Boater's Alliance or USFBA.

The USFBA is an organization founded by recreational boaters.  Our goal is quite simple.

We want to encourage safe boating practices on the water and promote proper actions to assist other boaters when necessary.

It's not unusual for a boater to have a problem with a boat while on the water.  A boat stops running and can't be restarted.  Maybe it's out of fuel.  Or maybe it's a mechanical problem. Perhaps the prop hit an object beneath the water.

When a problem occurs there may be no one around to help.  And on many of the waterways fresh water boaters visit, there is no regular authority patrolling the area and no towing service to call for assistance. 

That's where the USFBA comes in.  USFBA members have marine radio communication equipment on their boats and when they begin a cruise they connect with other USFBA members in the same boating area to form a communications network.  The purpose of that network is to quickly report a boater in distress.  Then, complying with the "Good Samaritan" rule of the water, they assist the vessel in distress.  That may involve requesting assistance from local authorities and standing by the disabled vessel until the authorities arrive; 

Cruising With The USFBAWant to know what we do when we're out on the lake and cruising under the "Yellow Burgee"?

Check out the video below for some clips from 2014.

https://youtu.be/FlXNihckWJE

If you're a boater, join us.  You don't change your boating habits significantly but can have a positive impact on boating on GLSM.

Thanks for visiting and have a safe and enjoyable time on the water!

Indian Lake Bum

Thank you for info on a great organization 

smiley-face-thumbs-up-cartoon-yTkeza64c.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Pittsburgh:

Sorry I didn't add the URL for the website or explain what the USFBA was a little better in my post......was in a bit of a hurry before heading to the lake.  

I think it's going to work out pretty well on our lake this year.  We have 6 members so far at indian lake and I feel that the number will grow once people start seeing the yellow burgee on a few boats out on the lake.   During the cruise-in members will be available to answer questions (hopefully I can anyway) about the USFBA and how they can join.  We enjoy boating and really won't be changing our boating habits at all so why not join.

As a bonus I was asked to be the assistant director of the indian lake chapter......after some thinking.....we (the fiance and I) decided to give it a go and see what happens.   

Indian Lake Bum 

Congratulations on being a Director of The Indian Lake Chapter

They found the perfect spokesperson and representative for their chapter there.

We all look forward to hearing about your experiences this summer

Thanks for making a difference on Indian Lake 

thumbs.jpg

I have to say 

I like everything I read about this organization

Here on our  tiny Lake of Home Owners, everyone helps one another

Help is always just a shout or horn blast away 

On The Larger Lakes this should be a welcomed organization 

Extra Eyes on any Lake are a plus for everyone

I hope others jump on The Bandwagon

logo.png

Our problem here are the guests of Home Owners who never owned a watercraft 

But 

Who feel they are experts at driving one 

It's just a Boat they say , not a Fighter Jet !

Needless to say Benny has one Captain 

0511-1105-0516-3635_Cartoon_of_a_Boat_Captain_at_the_Wheel_clipart_image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess we'll know more about our agenda for the first season of the USFBA on Indian lake at the April 30th meeting. I'm actually looking forward to being a part of the beginning of the USFBA at our lake.

Back