Vicious storms in the midwest...........

BigKahuna

Reaction score
Hope all of our brothers and sisters on this forum in the Midwest are safe and sound after the vicious storms battered this area this afternoon. The storm damage in some of the states are unbelievable................

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok here in mid Michigan. My wife just called after she left for work and advised  the main road through town was closed (looked like someone on a bike was hit) and the other route to the highway all the power is out in town. Looks like IL got hit pretty hard for sure.

Prayers and good thoughts from us to those in the Midwest in need right now.

Hope everyone's OK.

The local weather folks say we dodged a bullet last night. The storms that did so much damage west of us in Illinois passed directly over Fort Wayne, but fortunately stayed up high with minimal impact on the ground. Power is still out for a few thousand, but thankfully no one was hurt here.

Our thoughts and prayers are with all those in the path of the storms.

Jack

I work in poperty claims so it has been a busy morning for us at work. Glad those in the region are checking in and are ok

All good in northern IL.  Lost power for a couple of hours yesterday and high winds, but all okay.

Alex...

I talked to our dealer today and he advised the winds tossed some boats around at their storage yard and caused quite a bit of damage. We was estimating damages around $500,000. Glad my boat is still parts in Elkhart instead of being there waiting for spring!

Wow, some scary images from out west. I sure hope our country steps up to help as quick as we do for other areas in the world when a calamity hits.

Wow, some scary images from out west. I sure hope our country steps up to help as quick as we do for other areas in the world when a calamity hits.
Did ya ever notice how OUR people have to wait?

It's amazing how many people in this world hate the United States.........But.............When something happens somewhere like a natural disaster, an earthquake, tsunami, tornado or a plane crash,.................who's the 1st country there? Who's willing to help w/out being asked? Who does the dirty work and the heavy lifting? US!

My point.

Hey, we usually send our Tim Hortons coffee for the troops, and we had one heck of a nice hockey surface setup that kept the Americans in good spirits while they did the heavy lifting! Haha, and our 1 plane. Haha I kid, I kid! My brother is in the army so I can! 

Back