Warranty Question

juliem

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience to know if you can buy a boat at one dealership and take it do a different one for warranty service? We are going to buy a boat about 8 hr from where we live so we can take it on our vacation. However, the closest dealer to us is only about 1 hour away. Just want to make sure we are covered from a warranty perspective.

Thanks

Julie

They are not required by Bennington to service/warranty your boat. If at all possible I would always try to buy from the local dealer that I would be taking my boat into for service and warranty repair. You want the leverage that comes it.

They are not required by Bennington to service/warranty your boat. If at all possible I would always try to buy from the local dealer that I would be taking my boat into for service and warranty repair. You want the leverage that comes it.
I just read the warranty in my paperwork and unless they have changed it since 2007, it says to bring it to the selling dealer if possible and if not, to the nearest authorised Bennington dealer. They might have changed it though. IMHO, unless your getting many thousands of dollars off the price you should always go to the closest dealer.If you move, that's another story. When I worked for Porsche and Mercedes, we would never turn away a customer because they didn't buy from us. But, they wouldn't get the preferential treatment either, and if they had a problem just out of warranty, most times they'd be out of luck.

Does anyone have experience to know if you can buy a boat at one dealership and take it do a different one for warranty service? We are going to buy a boat about 8 hr from where we live so we can take it on our vacation. However, the closest dealer to us is only about 1 hour away. Just want to make sure we are covered from a warranty perspective.

Thanks

Julie
We bought our 2012 2275 GCW from a friend about 8 hours away, and I called our local Bennington dealer and asked about service and they said sure you are part of the Bennington family.............I would hope all dealers have that attitude.

Good Luck

Royo

We bought our 2012 2275 GCW from a friend about 8 hours away, and I called our local Bennington dealer and asked about service and they said sure you are part of the Bennington family.............I would hope all dealers have that attitude.

Good Luck

Royo
Thanks Royo. I did call Bennington today and they said that there are only a few cases where a dealer will refuse to do warranty work if you didn't buy the boat from them. I called a dealer in my area and they weren't concerned about where the boat was purchased.

One more think to check off the list before we get our boat in 1 1/2 weeks.

Now looking into BBQs!!! Which is more fun then warranty. :)

Back