Water drain plug

keithkz

Reaction score
I accidently posted this in the wrong forum earlier. TB please delete the other post.

Not to look stupid but I have to ask because I simply do not know.

Is there ever a reason to remove the water drain plug on the backside bottom of my boat? I have had my boat for two years and have never removed it.

If you don't have any reason to drain the bilge and your bilge pump is working then no, you don't have to remove it. If you do remove it, don't forget to reinstall it. :D

How do you know your bilge is working, and if it is not pumping water can it burn up? Should it always be on when the boat is in the water?

It should be on "auto" so the float switch turns it on or off. If you leave the bilge pump on it will die without water to lubricate it.

Keith..............No stupid questions here brotha.............Rockie............Your bilge will not kick in or turn on until the water level in the bilge is at a certain level. It will run until the water is pumped out then it will turn off automatically. It will not burn up if it is not running or activated. You guys will be surprised how much water actually collects in the bilge. After a day of watersports or people constantly going in and out of the water or kids swimming and then coming onboard to jump off the sunpad...............a lot of water collects in the bilge then it is automatically pumped out. But................even though the bilge pumps the water out there is still some residual water left in the bottom. So when I take our Benny out and while it still is sitting on the trailer at the ramp, I take the drain plug off and the rest of the water drains out...................

Back