Water in storage boxes

SeaMonkey

Reaction score
I am new to pontoons and I am finding my Bennington storage areas under the seats accumulate water. Is this normal? Any suggestions? Thank you.

The only time I have had water under the seats is from the anchor or bumpers that were wet when they were put away. Dried out with an old towel and good to go. Is this under every seat and how much ? I had an unexplained puddle under the helm once but it has never reappeared. We try to dry everything before putting it away, noodles, life jackets, etc. All these have more dampness than you might imagine.

I had the same problem with my new 2275 gcw last year. The drain holes in each seat section were sealed by the fabric covering the holes. I was told by Bennington to take it to a dealer for them to open the drain holes.

My storage areas only accumulte water if I'm spraying the seats with a hose. Rain doesn't seem to cause any issues.

I am having the same issue, water gets into every storage box when it rains and does not drain out. I have to vacuum it out with my shop vac. Just got 3-4 gallons out after some rain today. Mentioned it up to the dealer, e-mailed them pictures, and they told me I shoud cover the boat after each use. What BS, we use it 1-2 times a day, I'm not covering it after every use. Water should not get under the seats and if it does it should drain out. I have a new this year 2275 GCW also. I am having zero other problems and we really love the boat, but this is annoying and the dealers response was crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check for drain holes in the seats. It's possible they are clogged or possibly missed being drilled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back