Water Spots ???

Jack M

Reaction score
While getting ready to post this ,I thought "why didn't I take pictures "?

Next time out I will if it is there again ,

Two days this week when we removed the cover there was what appears to be water spots all over the furniture .Bad thing is they look like " Hard Water " spots This is the only two times we have had them ( the spots do come off easy ) I don't have a clue what is different .

Today when we recovered it, there was also a white residue on the inside of the cover .

I did protect the cover with 303 about a month ago.

Could the 303 be bleeding through the cover when it rains ?

I don't believe the cover is leaking because it still beads up .

It is on the seats and the backs so its not like it is from resting on the furniture .

Temps have been in the high 60's low 70's .

Thanks for your input .

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I have a new cover and get the white spots, so I don't think it's 303. I don't know what's causing it either, but it wipes right off so I haven't worried with it.

No, I have a new cover and get the white spots, so I don't think it's 303. I don't know what's causing it either, but it wipes right off so I haven't worried with it.
I think it is odd that it took 6 weeks to first appear .

Do you also have a white residue on the underside of your cover ?

That also just appeared this week .

Thanks

In different spots. It's not completely white underneath. I did figure out where I was getting wet spots on my helm carpet, its coming in at the seams. Time to treat it with 303 again.

Thanks ,I'm glad I stocked up on the 303 .Looks like a project for next week .

I have noticed the same spots on mine. I assumed the cover just leaks some. Is there a way to waterproof the cover better?

I have noticed the same spots on mine. I assumed the cover just leaks some. Is there a way to waterproof the cover better?
Probably good coat of 303. The quicker it beads and rolls off, the less there is to soak through ......

I just did the 303 ,maybe 4-5 weeks ago .Is that all it lasts ?

With the price of the product ,you would think it would at least last a season .

And we are 6 inches below average for rain in our area .

There are a couple different kinds of 303 to consider, depending on application. The most common is the UV protectant HERE. I use this every 3-4 weeks on the vinyl.

There is also a fabric guard product for canopies HERE, which helps restore water repellency. I use it on my Sunbrella since they recommend it specifically.

I use 3 different products of theirs .The cleaner for canvas and vinyl , the protectant for the vinyl and the fabric protector for the canvas .( the one linked HERE )

The cover still breads water,like a car that had just been waxed .I also treated the carpet ( same day ) and it still beads up also .

Back