Wave Shield Removal

MartyW

Reaction score
How difficult is it to remove the wave shield to access the captain’s seat bolts? I want to add a taller pedestal.

My dealership tells me it’s a BIG JOB as they have to remove mine for some electrical repairs, and electrical harness repairs. They haven’t gotten to it yeeeeeeeeeeeeet, so I don’t have details. Not sure if it is a tough job or just a slightly time consuming job. My guess is simply the later.

For your situation though with having a targeted spot your trying to access, sounds like you could just remove a portion of it, vastly reducing the time and effort…?

Drilling out and re-riveting is not complicated just time consuming.

OP are you sure your seat pedestal is fixed vs. removable? Springfield makes both so if it pops or twists out, the easy solution is to just buy a taller pedestal.

Lastly they make extenders so you just remove the seat base, put this on and re-install. Obviously the higher you go the more stress it puts on the base so caveat emptor. I have only read about this not actually performed myself so just an idea to explore.

My dealership tells me it’s a BIG JOB as they have to remove mine for some electrical repairs, and electrical harness repairs. They haven’t gotten to it yeeeeeeeeeeeeet, so I don’t have details. Not sure if it is a tough job or just a slightly time consuming job. My guess is simply the later.

For your situation though with having a targeted spot your trying to access, sounds like you could just remove a portion of it, vastly reducing the time and effort…?
Maybe it would be easier to just sit on a cushion?

Could also get a Bolster Buddy (i think that is what its called), to sit up higher. A few people in this forum have recommended them and really like them. Assuming the OP‘s goal is sitting up higher.

Back