Well it finally happened.

cwag911

Reaction score
We were taking a friend out on the lake today and she was going to be here at 11:30 this am. Uncovered the boat at 10:00am and brought 2 can of gas to the dock. Put the key in and battery said 11 volts but when I turned it, nobbody was home. Not even a click. Came up to the house and got my voltmeter and battery read 12.4v but turn the key and maybe 4.0v. Soooo, went to Wally World and picked up a new one and the day was saved (although a little late). The funny thing was I was telling my wife that the battery was 6 yrs old and I wanted to replace it soon. Today was soon. B)

I've been thinking about buying a 2nd "jump pack" just to leave on the boat.

Tell you what though...

I installed...

OK, wait... That's a lie. I PAID someone to install a battery on/off switch and a set of jump terminals under the cushion on the rearmost seat. MAN am I glad I did that. Not only do I not find a dead battery anymore, when I DO need a jump I don't have to go through all the hassle of trying to reach the battery.

Isn't it funny how that stuff on the "I'll get around to it list" always finds the worst tIme to catch up to you? I can tell you this, your not the only one who has let one catch you. And if anyone chimes in that they haven't been caught, I'll call them a liar. Lol. At least you saved the day.

I wanted to buy one of the Sears AGM batteries but in the moment I had to settle for a Wally World special. It's a good thing we went out yesterday because it's raining now. I did see Susan (TB) yesterday at Lake Norman Marina for their in-water boat show and I'm kaida jealous of you guys with the new boats. Man they are sweet, although my wife was looking at the new ones and comented on how nice they were. B)

Mine is only a 2010 but I know what you mean about the new ones, they are nice. I saw a few when I went by the dealer a couple of weeks ago. But I also remember when I bought mine, it was the "new" hot item. I guess a person just needs to stay away from the dealers. Keep working onthe wife though, you never know.

Isn't it funny how that stuff on the "I'll get around to it list" always finds the worst tIme to catch up to you? I can tell you this, your not the only one who has let one catch you. And if anyone chimes in that they haven't been caught, I'll call them a liar. Lol. At least you saved the day.
Speaking of which, I heard Wally World is running a sale, next week, their "Round Tuit's" are supposed to be priced, 6 for a $ 1.00.....No idea where the display rack will be, maybe by the batteries. LOL

LOL That's a hell of a marketing idea. I certainly would buy some. They could make a fortune.

We were taking a friend out on the lake today and she was going to be here at 11:30 this am. Uncovered the boat at 10:00am and brought 2 can of gas to the dock. Put the key in and battery said 11 volts but when I turned it, nobbody was home. Not even a click. Came up to the house and got my voltmeter and battery read 12.4v but turn the key and maybe 4.0v. Soooo, went to Wally World and picked up a new one and the day was saved (although a little late). The funny thing was I was telling my wife that the battery was 6 yrs old and I wanted to replace it soon. Today was soon. B)
Nothing wrong w/the Walmart batteries Carl. I had one in my old boat, 2 jet skis, currently have them in 2 vehicles, daughters motorcycle and my tractor. They've been reliable and have lasted.............

After you got your new battery yesterday and new mirror soon you can't get a new boat now...............

Suzt was liking some of the boats we saw at the in-water show at Lake Norman Marina. I ordered the mirror and waiting for it to get here. Spoke to Susan (TB) yesterday also.

DSC02702.jpg
">

Carl, which mirror did you order? that sweet 239.00 one..
That's the one Rowland. When Suzi saw it on Darils' (Big Kahuna) boat , she liked it and said ok. I was really surprized

Last edited by a moderator:
Back