Where I Boat...

AuthorizedUser

Reaction score
We are fortunate to cruise our Bennington on the crystal clear Canandaigua Lake in the Finger Lakes region of Western New York. This past Sunday, June 13, 2021 was a flawless day on the water. While nearly 17 miles long and only one mile wide, we find ourselves around 1,000 yards away from our slip 90% of the time mostly because it's where the sand bar is located. As beautiful as it is, Canandaigua Lake does not have a boat-friendly shoreline. No beaches, parks, or areas to beach your boat. 97% of the shore is privately owned, the rest is non-beachable. Also, there really is only one restaurant on the water that you can boat to and have a meal, but they tore down the fun one that was there for years and rebuilt it hoity toity. Very nice, but now expensive and prim/proper. You can see it (along with my marina) in the first few seconds of this video. It shows what weekends are like. I was there for eight hours yesterday!

Beautiful. This should turn into a thread where we all share our boating area. I think that would be entertaining.

We are fortunate to cruise our Bennington on the crystal clear Canandaigua Lake in the Finger Lakes region of Western New York. This past Sunday, June 13, 2021 was a flawless day on the water. While nearly 17 miles long and only one mile wide, we find ourselves around 1,000 yards away from our slip 90% of the time mostly because it's where the sand bar is located. As beautiful as it is, Canandaigua Lake does not have a boat-friendly shoreline. No beaches, parks, or areas to beach your boat. 97% of the shore is privately owned, the rest is non-beachable. Also, there really is only one restaurant on the water that you can boat to and have a meal, but they tore down the fun one that was there for years and rebuilt it hoity toity. Very nice, but now expensive and prim/proper. You can see it (along with my marina) in the first few seconds of this video. It shows what weekends are like. I was there for eight hours yesterday!
Social distancing at its finest!

When we were young, it was Havasu Copper Canyon. Now we find our own private "family" cove. LOL

Attachments

• Havasu Copper Canyon.JPG
    Havasu Copper Canyon.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Havasu.jpg
    Havasu.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 47
Back