which end is up?

novice

Reaction score
Just purchased 2010 20SLi with Bennington playpen cover but without instructions on how to put it on. How can I tell which end is stern?

Mine has a tag sewn in the stern seam on the underneath side. Also top side there is a nylon strap and buckle sewn on.

My small tag was underneath, Marked BOW 

You gotta a 50/50 chance of getting right

Look for a small tag on the underside of the playpen cover.  It will have the BOW and STERN marked on the underside at the center of the cover.  

I find it easiest to snap on the entire front (bow) first and work my way around the boat (usually snapping around the windshield and helm and then continuing around the boat till I come around to the bow once again.  Don't forget to put the posts up on the inside as well for a nice taut (not tight) finish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another way to tell is the holes that you insert poles have to be on the inside of cover and it should be marked bow or front.GOOD LUCK

Yup, buckles for strap go to rear. Make sure to use the strap, it loops up over Bimini, it keeps water from puddling on rear of cover.

If you get in habit of unsnapping it, folding lengthwise couple times, then neatly roll from front to rear, it makes it super simple to recover. Takes us a max of 5 minutes to unsnap/roll, 10 minutes max to unroll/cover & snap.

The neater you are uncovering, the easier it is to cover.

Also a tag 

Ours has bow/stern tags also but the strap on the stern for the Bimini is a giveaway.

Thanks to all who replied. Very helpful. As a new owner, I'm glad that this forum is in existence.

Novice

Back