Which Trolling Motor is best for 2275 FSi?

Dalder

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Bennington 2275 FSi that i bought new a year ago. It has a 115 Yamaha with 2 pontoons. I am wanting to install a trolling motor but not sure which one to buy. It will need to be a wireless type since i have fishing chairs front and back. I thought about a transom mount but don't think it will work so it will have to be a bow mount with a quick release when we just want to cruise or tube.

Thanks

Dennis

I have a Min Kota powerdrive V2 on my 24sli. I've got the 54 inch shaft and 55# thrust - works great.

I also have the minnkota power drive v2 55 lbs thrust 54 inch with Ipilot. Also have the Mka-21 mount,

Love it and works great. A little tougher to use in higher winds but that's to be expected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shawn or CLRD my dealer recommended a Minkota Terrova with Ipilot with 80# thrust and a 24 volt system, 48" shaft, not sure how that compares to yours.

Dalder,

Certainly nothing wrong with that - though I would go with the 54" shaft. The 48" would work fine but the top of the motor would be down low and hard to see I think. If you have access to electric and have an on-board charger then a 24 volt system is great. However, in my case the boat is slipped in a dock with no access to power. I have to take the battery out each time to charge - I wasn't interested in hauling two batteries every time.

I will say that in heavy wind you may want more than 55# thrust, however, it depends somewhat on how you use the motor. I tend to use it for moving from fishing spot to fishing spot and moving down the shore-line. For this it works fine...

I'm not sure what your boat weighs but if you compare it either of my boat or CLRDs' boat that should give you an idea what to expect.

Under normal conditions I am able to move the boat 2-3mph with the electric motor. You certainly can't go wrong with more thrust but 55# worked ok for me.

Shawn

Could not have said it any better then Shawn. A good battery with the 55 lbs thrust has worked great for me. I think it totally depends on how you want to use it and what type of conditions you will be in.

Does anyone have pictures of their mounted trolling motors on their 2275s? What motors do you recommend and what were the problems with mounting?

I have pictures in my gallery of my set-up though it is not a 2275. I have not had any problems with my mount. Dealer installed but it would of been easy enough to do myself.

I have a MinnKota Terrova 80 iPilot with a 60 inch shaft. Seems like with a 48 the prop would be too close to the surface. A 54 shaft would be better. The Terrova like mine only comes in 48 & 60 in shafts.

Back