Wireless Remote Controlled Spotlight-Do you use on?

Tooncrazy

Reaction score
Is anyone here using a wireless remote controlled spotlight on their boat. Did you permanently mount your spotlight. if so where? What brand of spotlight are you using?

Thank you.

We routinely boat late night here on our small private lake

My dock is lit with LED Spot Lights 

Boat has docking lights as well

So I do not use a remote control spot light but have a 6 million candle light power for emergencies,

as part of my safety gear

6 Million Candlepower Spotlight with Handle, 12 foot Coil Cord and Cigarette Plug - 12 / 24 Volts DC

6 Million Candlepower Spotlight with Handle, 12 foot Coil Cord and Cigarette Plug - 12 / 24 Volts DC(-12 volts-Spot). Buy American Compliant The Larson Electronics HUL-18 Spotlight is a rugged and effective spotlight designed to provide users with a powerful, durable, and easy to use source of reliable light. This spotlight has a 100 watt halogen bulb which produces a light beam approximately 800' long by 65' wide. This spotlight includes a detachable 16 foot coil cord with cigarette plug for convenient connection to vehicles and equipment. This durable and weatherproof spotlight is ruggedly designed to withstand heavy duty use and includes a 16 foot coil cord and cigarette plug adapter to allow connection to any vehicle or ATV equipped with a cigarette plug. This light contains a single 100 watt halogen bulb paired with a precision aluminum reflector and borosilicate hardened glass lens to produce a powerful 800 lumen, 6 million candlepower light beam that reaches 800 feet in length and 65 feet in width. This beam is strong enough to allow operators to read signs, license plates, addresses and other similar markings at the far end of its total range. This spotlight is built for durability and comfort with an impact resistant housing, an ergonomically designed 5 inch tall polycarbonate handle that matches the contours of your hand, and a light head that can be adjusted vertically. The 5.5 inch diameter lamp and reflector assembly is protected by a borosilicate hardened glass lens that is sealed against water and dust to provide an IP67 rating and weatherproof protection. A simple on/off toggle switch is located on the side of the handle for easy operation and power options include 12 or 24 volt DC versions for use with most common vehicle, boat or ATV electrical systems. This spotlight is ideal for utility workers, sportsmen, industrial/commercial operators and anyone who needs a portable yet powerful and rugged source of illumination.

Always better safe than sorry

When you boat at night you never know what may come up ! 

47964840.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We routinely boat late night here on our small private lake

I do not use a remote control spot light but have a 6 million candle light power for emergencies,

as part of my safety gear

6 Million Candlepower Spotlight with Handle, 12 foot Coil Cord and Cigarette Plug - 12 / 24 Volts DC
6 Million Candlepower Spotlight with Handle, 12 foot Coil Cord and Cigarette Plug - 12 / 24 Volts DC(-12 volts-Spot). Buy American Compliant The Larson Electronics HUL-18 Spotlight is a rugged and effective spotlight designed to provide users with a powerful, durable, and easy to use source of reliable light. This spotlight has a 100 watt halogen bulb which produces a light beam approximately 800' long by 65' wide. This spotlight includes a detachable 16 foot coil cord with cigarette plug for convenient connection to vehicles and equipment. This durable and weatherproof spotlight is ruggedly designed to withstand heavy duty use and includes a 16 foot coil cord and cigarette plug adapter to allow connection to any vehicle or ATV equipped with a cigarette plug. This light contains a single 100 watt halogen bulb paired with a precision aluminum reflector and borosilicate hardened glass lens to produce a powerful 800 lumen, 6 million candlepower light beam that reaches 800 feet in length and 65 feet in width. This beam is strong enough to allow operators to read signs, license plates, addresses and other similar markings at the far end of its total range. This spotlight is built for durability and comfort with an impact resistant housing, an ergonomically designed 5 inch tall polycarbonate handle that matches the contours of your hand, and a light head that can be adjusted vertically. The 5.5 inch diameter lamp and reflector assembly is protected by a borosilicate hardened glass lens that is sealed against water and dust to provide an IP67 rating and weatherproof protection. A simple on/off toggle switch is located on the side of the handle for easy operation and power options include 12 or 24 volt DC versions for use with most common vehicle, boat or ATV electrical systems. This spotlight is ideal for utility workers, sportsmen, industrial/commercial operators and anyone who needs a portable yet powerful and rugged source of illumination.

Always better safe than sorry

When you boat at night you never know what may come up ! 
That looks like a nice light.

Once you have had a remote controlled light it's hard to go back. Had a wired remote light on my last 38' go fast boat and it was really great. I especially liked having the light located some distance forward from the helm because it keeps the spillover light out of your face which makes for a more comfortable experience. It also leaves your hands free to do other things.

I plan to get a wireless remote spotlight for my Benny (one less wire to run), just a question of which one. Some of the remote lights on the market now have both panel mount and hand held remotes.

Didn't you post this earlier today too? http://club.benningtonmarine.com/index.php?/topic/4908-wireless-remote-control-spotlight-does-anyone-here-use-one/

I'm guessing by the responses, the answer is no. I did just pick up a plain old non-remote controlled powered spotlight. This one. It works great so far. No remote control needed. :)
Didn't you post this earlier today too? http://club.benningtonmarine.com/index.php?/topic/4908-wireless-remote-control-spotlight-does-anyone-here-use-one/

I'm guessing by the responses, the answer is no. I did just pick up a plain old non-remote controlled powered spotlight. This one. It works great so far. No remote control needed. :)
Yup, ADD kicking in again................

It's true the light would be a hassle to hold while steering Benny 

It is for emergency use only 

With the spotlights on the dock and the docking lights , I have no need for the light 

But I like having it on board nonetheless

The remote would be great especially if on the boat alone 

I am surprised that more dont use their Benny during the night 

Not sure how much night boating I would do on a large lake or river either.

106757245.jpg

Back