Wrapping a Barge

lakebum

Reaction score
Finally got by the wrap place today. They were wrapping a really wild ice cream truck and the work looked really good. They do all the graphics in house and said as long as it wasn't like the ice cream truck it would be easy, graphics-wise. Ball park price was $1500 to $1800. Should make my '05 like close to new.There are many wrap shops in Arkansas and most seem willing to do individual work. Steve

Interesting!!!! Anxious to see the results. Wondering how neat and precise it will be behind the rails. I've been mulling over this idea to do some graphics. Not going to change the base color, just add some graphics that will need to go behind the rails. Keep us updated.

Thanks for the info Lakebum. Definitely will be a fall project. Did they say if the corrugated panels will pose an installation problem??????

I did show him pics of the corrugations and he said no problem. Did tell him it would be Fall or early Spring before it comes out. Steve

Definitely post pics when you get it done. I'm surprised with all the modifications everyone does on here there haven't been any crazy custom paint jobs yet.

I second the vinyl wrap suggestion. I had my 10 year Bennington done and it looks great. A guy who wraps Nascar cars did a custom package for me. With a wrap, you can make it look however you want it to. Check out the message on my rear gate.

The boat originally had a green theme. It's a work in progress to convert it to blue. I've already replaced the bimini boot with one that matches the graphics colors. I replaced the green carpet this Spring with beige vinyl. I'll replace the green mooring cover when it wears out in a year or two. Eventually, if I keep it, I'll have the upholstery redone and will replace the green accents with blue.

Oh -- there is no issue with the corrugations. The wrap is like a giant high quality bumper sticker and it conforms to every nuance. A good installer (like the guy who did mine) will be able to cut the wrap to fit tightly up against the rails as well.

The only drawback is these are fragile. I've had the wrap two seasons and there are quite few minor dings in it. We use the boat constantly and are always tying up to friends. Stuff just happens. They don't look bad until you get about a foot away from them, but I know they are there.

IMG_1616.jpg
IMG_1617.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that's cool! What kind of $$$$$ was it?

That's really sweet, but I'd be afraid to take it anywhere as that could start some good brawls !!

Now that's what I'm talking about! (Not the WVU theme but the wrap part. Just kiddin Sunedog) This falls "must do" project. Will have to work on a Hawaiian theme.....

This is what I'm talking about. Some one without an X rail boat can get a wrap that looks like they have X rails.

A buddy of mine in the business did it for me as a payback for taking care of him and hooking him up with various women over the summer two or three years ago. So it didn't cost me anything. He wraps race cars (Nationwide and trucks, mostly. No Sprint cup). He's a real artist. I asked him and he said for a a full custom job like that, it would be around $2500. If he got to pick the design, maybe $2000.

So what is the women to $ ratio these days?? Just kidding. Glad he kept up on his end of the bargain and did that for you.

Back