XL-150 performance package on a 22SFX

turkeytalker

Reaction score
Is the XL-150 performance package still availble. I just ordered a 24sfx with express package and a merc 150 4 stroke. I asked the dealer if i could put a Merc 150 4 stroke on a 22sfx and he said that a 115hp was the highest you could put on the boat. I rather have the 22sfx with the 150 due to the fact it will manuver around better while fishing.

Turkeytalker,

I got the Mercury 150 XL on our 22 SSI, picked the boat up June 1st. The 150 XL performance package just became available in March 2012!

RiverBill

About to pull the trigger on the new XL performance package. Question did you have to add the lifting strakes or did the come with the package. Also what is your top speed with the boat after break-in. What model mercury prop did you use and is it a 15x15 SS

Turkeytalker,

I asked for the lifting Strakes to be added, but I think they come standard (no extra charge on my papperwork) The Bennington memo I have shows the strakes as standard equipment on the 150 XL package. The prop was the Mercury SS Enertia 15X15p included no extra charge. The performance is outstanding, seems to be a great setup. I have the hydraulic steering and it steers a little hard at higher speeds, 30 plus mph but not a real problem, my other bennington was a IO and had power steering so I'm a little spoiled.

RiverBill

Turkeytalker,

I asked for the lifting Strakes to be added, but I think they come standard (no extra charge on my papperwork) The Bennington memo I have shows the strakes as standard equipment on the 150 XL package. The prop was the Mercury SS Enertia 15X15p included no extra charge. The performance is outstanding, seems to be a great setup. I have the hydraulic steering and it steers a little hard at higher speeds, 30 plus mph but not a real problem, my other bennington was a IO and had power steering so I'm a little spoiled.

RiverBill
We just got our boat this year with the i/o, I am curious why you went outboard on your new boat since you had i/o.

Turkeytalker,

RiverBill
I can see a power assist unit in your future for next year. Problem solved. :)

Remediation,

We purchased a home on a private lake (Canyon Lake Ca.) they have a limit on the boat size 21 ft. Our 2006 Bennington 2275 IO was almost 23 ft. So we traded for a Bennington 2012 22SSI which measures just under 21 ft deck lenght. No Io's in the smaller boats, so we equipped it for performance, Mercury 150 XL (tritoon w/lifting strakes), the boat is faster out of the hole and much easier on fuel than the IO. Seats 11, old boat seats 12, Plus is 1000lbs lighter, better towing. Been told & read that the new Mercury 150 4 stroke is the most reliable outboard Mercury has ever make. Also the Mercury 150 is so quiet you can hear the radio at cruising speed. We can ski, tube, fish and cruise, best of everything!

Love the boat,

RiverBill

Thank you for the information. Enjoy your new ride.

Back