Yamaha 115 HP 3 + 2 Warranty + Up to $500 Dealer Credit

Bob & Sandi

Reaction score
Has anyone taken advantage of this warranty this year for their engine? What I am wondering about is the "up to $500 dealer credit. Has your dealer been forth coming with this portion of the program What kind of dealer cash did you receive?

Just as an FYI, the warranty program has been extended till the end of April.

Bob

It's not cash. It's credit for purchasing goods. From the Yamaha site " In addition, customers who purchase eligible, new Yamaha four-stroke 2.5- to 115-horsepower outboards will receive two years of Y.E.S. coverage plus a credit of up to $500 based on MSRP they can use toward the purchase of additional goods and/or services available at the authorized participating Yamaha Outboard dealer that sold the outboard at no additional cost. Additional terms and conditions apply."

I know its a credit, not cash. When I mentioned it to finance manager at the dealership when we signed the papers I was kind of blown off and was told that it was the added 2 years or the "up to" $500 based on MSRP.

As we signed the papers last week, with holding some money until we get a chance to see the rigged boat and the water test until May, will this effect the warranty and credit. As I see it we became the owners as of last week. Scares me as we have not seen the boat yet. Need to have to talk to the sale manager tomorrow.

On a side note SEMPERFI, is "Comfortably Numb" the name on your boat? Kind of Kool if it is.

Last edited:
Yes, that’s what we named this one. Wanted a change from the first two ...

I know its a credit, not cash. When I mentioned it to finance manager at the dealership when we signed the papers I was kind of blown off and was told that it was the added 2 years or the "up to" $500 based on MSRP.

As we signed the papers last week, with holding some money until we get a chance to see the rigged boat and the water test until May, will this effect the warranty and credit. As I see it we became the owners as of last week. Scares me as we have not seen the boat yet. Need to have to talk to the sale manager tomorrow.

On a side note SEMPERFI, is "Comfortably Numb" the name on your boat? Kind of Kool if it is.
"The child has grown, the dream is gone and I have become comfortably numb!"

Back