Yamaha extended warranty cost WOW

sidecar1997

Reaction score
I never received a letter from Yamaha concerning an extended warranty option so I contacted them. The cost was CRAZY in my opinion. About $2700 for 3 years. Mine is a 250HP so maybe that explains the cost.  

Any other experience with the prices from members?

Thanks

Structured my deal to include a 5 year warranty on my 200 Yamaha.  

I was fortunate as well and was able to coordinate my purchase with one of the Yamaha programs they had going.  6 year on my F300 at no cost - additional 3 years.

It is important that you watch Yamaha deals going on.  When I ordered my boat (Sep '14), there were no special Yamaha programs (one had just ended that was 5 years and didn't include my F300).  In Mid Oct as I recall, a new program started that went through the end of Nov. and included my F300.  I talked with my dealer and he was able to register the motor as part of that program.

I've never had a problem with Yamaha outboards, but it sure is nice knowing that my motor is covered for 6 years and my boat is covered for 7 years!  BUT....I wouldn't have paid extra for it.  The engines are just too reliable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Warranty has been over on our almost 10 year old Honda 150. Never used or needed it.

Warranty?!? Long gone like Carl.......

They were including the choice of a free extended warranty or dealer credit both times I bought a Yamaha. I went with the warranty on my F200. I wouldn't have ever paid for it though. 

They were wanting $1500 for 3 additional years when my F150 went out of warranty in July, 2015.  As few hours as we've had time to put on the motor, I deemed it a waste of money. 

I think my dealer's only had about one F150 warranty claim in his many years of selling the motors. 

My last Yamaha 115 hp 2 stroke went 28 years with $241 spent on it for a oil injection module.

But if you've got a SHO--keep it warranted as long as possible.

They were wanting $1500 for 3 additional years when my F150 went out of warranty in July, 2015.  As few hours as we've had time to put on the motor, I deemed it a waste of money. 

I think my dealer's only had about one F150 warranty claim in his many years of selling the motors. 

My last Yamaha 115 hp 2 stroke went 28 years with $241 spent on it for a oil injection module.

But if you've got a SHO--keep it warranted as long as possible.
? Explain please?

Warranty has been over on our almost 10 year old Honda 150. Never used or needed it.
That's why I don't buy extended warranties. That is a huge money maker for retailers.

Our dealer offered 3 years extended warranty in the pricing deal.  Yamaha actually had a promotion going on, but by the time we signed the papers, the deadline on the promotion was over.  But dealer said he would get it covered for us if we bought the boat!  And we did, and we got the paper work this past week on the extended warranty!   Happy!

Our dealer offered 3 years extended warranty in the pricing deal.  Yamaha actually had a promotion going on, but by the time we signed the papers, the deadline on the promotion was over.  But dealer said he would get it covered for us if we bought the boat!  And we did, and we got the paper work this past week on the extended warranty!   Happy!

Hmmmm, I bought my boat last March and have gotten nothing about the extended 3 year warranty just the normal 3 year warranty. I've read online the deal was just for the Yamaha 150"A" engines and not the 150"B" engines so I asked my dealer and he said I'm covered and will get the extended warranty information when the original warranty expires.   This didn't sound right to me and after reading your post I just shot off another email to my dealer.

Hmmmm, I bought my boat last March and have gotten nothing about the extended 3 year warranty just the normal 3 year warranty. I've read online the deal was just for the Yamaha 150"A" engines and not the 150"B" engines so I asked my dealer and he said I'm covered and will get the extended warranty information when the original warranty expires.   This didn't sound right to me and after reading your post I just shot off another email to my dealer.
We got the regular warranty in the mail for the Yamaha F150XB...then about 2 weeks later got another warranty showing the extension dates for what they called, the Y.E.S.  (Yamaha Extended Warranty).  To be clear, at the time we were talking to dealer about the purchase in August, there was a promotion going on with Yamaha.  During our talks, I think we passed the end date of that promotion.  The dealer then told us he would see what he could do about getting us that extended warranty deal & if they (Yamaha) wouldn't honor it, then he would buy it himself for us.  I'm not sure when that promotion had began, but do know it ended around August 15th or at the end of August.  Hope that helps!

Note:  I originally said it was for 3 years on the extended warranty but it was only for 2 more years added to the  3 years, so 5 years total is what we got.  

Last edited by a moderator:
yup -- correct, I also meant 2 year extended warranty -- my deal ended March 31st, I bought it on March 31st (they probably run those deals many times over the year)  but then read the "A" "B" stuff online. I just want the 5 yr coverage I was told I'd get even though I'll probably/hopefully never need it.

yup -- correct, I also meant 2 year extended warranty -- my deal ended March 31st, I bought it on March 31st (they probably run those deals many times over the year)  but then read the "A" "B" stuff online. I just want the 5 yr coverage I was told I'd get even though I'll probably/hopefully never need it.
When I got the original warranty paperwork in the mail for the three years that come with the Yamaha, I contacted dealer & asked where was the additional two years?  I was told I would get a notice or paperwork separately in 2-3 weeks.  I did, and I have the paperwork that shows my warranty + extended warranty that ends 9/2020.  So if you should have gotten the extended warranty from your dealer, you would have something to show now, not after your regular warranty ends.  Good luck!

We opted for 3 yr. extended Y. E. S. warranty.  I have been researching as much as possible in the last two weeks and have found very little issues, if any,  with the SHO but having the extra warranty will give us a lot less to worry about.  Not that we would worry but it's nice to know it there.  If we use it fine and if we don't fine.  Either way we're covered!

Back