Zipper on Bimini cover

akar

Reaction score
We have a Bennington tritoon, 2019, 22' SSRFBXP. I have had multiple Bimini cover zippers that have gotten where the straight end will not go in the zipper. Really can not figure it out. It is a zipper, right? Not that complicated? Three covers, the last one I only sipped it twice before this happened. While it is still under warrantee, at some point I will be paying for them. Not cheap. Anyone else having this issue?

Mine has been fine (2017). I don’t recall others having this issue, or at least speaking up about it. Can you share some pictures of your issue/problem? Very strange to have had the problem on three straight minim covers.

Is the square "male" end of the zipper deforming somehow? Like you said, pretty simple, insert, pull. Sometimes you gotta push harder to seat the male end all the way down into the bottom of the bore before it actually zips... but maybe there is some crud getting jammed down in the bore? Spider nest? Mud wasp? Kids gummie bear?

Occasionally, I've had that issue where it's difficult to get the zipper started on 1 side. After working it, I'm able to get it, but sometimes if you have it at the wrong angle it won't go. If you have a soft Yeti, they come with zipper lube. Maybe give that a try?

I use Zipper Lube . ( also on soft side coolers )
81AXXzV64AL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

We have a Bennington tritoon, 2019, 22' SSRFBXP. I have had multiple Bimini cover zippers that have gotten where the straight end will not go in the zipper. Really can not figure it out. It is a zipper, right? Not that complicated? Three covers, the last one I only sipped it twice before this happened. While it is still under warrantee, at some point I will be paying for them. Not cheap. Anyone else having this issue?
I use boat snap wax from a q-tip once a year…BIG HELP and no stains from oil/silicone.

I use chapstick on our Bimini zippers and mooring cover snaps....

Back