Forward Lounger Backrest Latch
gnc1017

Forward Lounger Backrest Latch

The latch is a standard black slide bolt purchased from just about any hardware store for around $5. It comes with the slide bolt and the u-clip shown at the top of the picture by the red arrow. I made the L-shaped mounting bracket by bending a small piece of metal I had laying around and fastened it all together with about $5 worth of stainless screws, fender washers, and nylock nuts. To install the fender washers and nuts on the back side of L-shaped mounting bracket, the inner armrest liner pulls out at the top and provided access to inner side of the rotocast seat base.The trickiest part was confirming proper position before mounting everything. I mounted the slide bolt first (with a slight angle inwards towards the trash can provided by bending the L-bracket). I then mounted the u-clip latch onto the seat back after first attaching 1 small screw to hold it in place, confirming proper latching and clearances (see other pictures and notes for various use positions) before finishing up with the larger, permanent screws to hold the u-clip to the seatback (#12 x 3/4").It is all hidden and accessed from behind the adjacent fold-down armrest (R and Q series only)?
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Album
Forward-facing Lounger Backrest Latch
Added by
gnc1017
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media