Recent content by goldnrod24

  1. G

    New owner questions

    This forum feature can be your friend. It can be found in the upper right of your screen. Best of luck with your new boat!
  2. G

    22' M Swingback Assistive Power Steering

    I was fortunate to get to see my boat being built. The day I was there, the crew was fitting out my boat. One of the employes asked if the boat he was working on was my boat (it was). He started teasing me about being a weakling for ordering the power assist on a 21' tri-toon with a 150. He was...
  3. G

    Adding a third toon

    Sorry, late to the party. Yes, I added the Express Tube w/wave shields to my 2012 R-Series 22 footer with a Merc 115. As mentioned above, while I did see some small general improvement in ride and wave handling abilities, my speed did not increase. I eventually upgraded to a 21' S-Series with...
  4. G

    Happy Birthday to ..... CHECK IN DAILY !!!!

    Thanks, old buddy.
  5. G

    West side of Burt Lake ,8/1/26

    Blower not blowing air or blower throwing off sparks?
  6. G

    West side of Burt Lake ,8/1/26

    I'm guessing a fuel leak or some other malfunction with the fuel delivery system. My curiosity got the better of me. Here's what ChatGTP told me: "If you're referring to all recreational boat fire/explosion incidents, the majority are fuel-related. The best available U.S. Coast Guard data...
  7. G

    Finally, got out today!

    Good news, Jack. My sons were here for the weekend and we got out twice. It's so nice to just sit back and let them do all the work while I maintain my status as "Captain - Retired." PS: What's a hull jacket?
  8. G

    2016 Bennington 21SLX TRITOON

    Mercs do not. I think Yamahas come with a separator, depending on the HP.
  9. G

    Help on express tube

    It will be spendy. As a factory option in 2016, it was, IIRC, $2800. Probably twice that as a retrofit.
  10. G

    Help on express tube

    I added the express tube on my 22' R-Series and saw zero performance increase. I traded that boat for a full tritoon. My advice, since you asked, is to bite the bullet and drop the extra cabbage for a tritoon. And ALWAYS test drive a boat before buying. Always.
  11. G

    newbie questions

    Welcome aboard. Please look in the upper right corner of the forum's home page for the search bar. Your questions have been addressed here over the years and the collective knowledge here is vast.
  12. G

    Happy Birthday to ..... CHECK IN DAILY !!!!

    Thanks, Smitty!
  13. G

    I encourage you to make a public post at the Pontoon Talk subheading.

    I encourage you to make a public post at the Pontoon Talk subheading.
  14. G

    Sales Estimate of Fair Price ?

    If you don't mind me asking, what was the "sports car?" I did a similar thing 2 years ago. I owned my dream car, a 2021 Dodge Charger Scat Pack. I was a new widow with rapidly changing dreams and income. It turned out that in the middle of the new/used vehicle availability "crisis," I was able...
Back
Top