12 weeks

Hoppies63

Reaction score
Still waiting . It has been 12 weeks  and no boat. If dealer didnt have my deposit money  i would go elsewhere . I was told build date was march 30.2016. Not a very good way to do business in my opinion.

This is their busy time filling all the spring orders. Your dealer should have received a build date. What does he say when you ask him? Were any changes made to the order that could have impacted the build date?

Dealer gave me a build date  of march 30.  and ship date of April 6 , said he would call when boat arrived. Soon i hope

How far are you from Elkhart? 6 days on a truck (including a weekend) does not seem unreasonable. It's not UPS.

Hopefully, your bitterness will be replaced by unbridled joy when you get on the water.

"The waiting is the hardest part."

Not sure what the dealer can do, other than keep checking.  I think that Bennington should maybe when giving the ship date, build a couple extra weeks fudge factor, then if it comes in early, everyone is happy.

That is what the airlines do.  Quote 2 hours for a flight that will take 1:25.

Maybe i am just getting impatient, it is not like it is a   fancy build. Just 20 sf with f70 Yamaha .  Dealer is only 7 hour drive by car from factory. Dont know if it is dealer problem or Bennington   They shouldnt set dates that they cant meet. Like i said if dealer didnt have 5000 dollars of my money i would go elsewhere.

Well, my dealer originally told me 6-8 weeks and it ended up being 12 weeks.  Yeah I was anxious but to me it was no big deal.  Delays for all sorts of reasons can happen.  My dealer told me even though the boat might be done they won't load and ship them unless the truck is full.  Did you recently ask your dealer what the deal is?

Keep in mind, your boat is on a trailer with 5 other boats. Unless all are coming to the same dealer, the driver has to make deliveries at other dealerships. We have no idea what the route is. They do not put just your boat on a truck and drive straight to your dealer in 7 hours.

As I said prior, 6 days on a truck is not excessive.

You may be upset, but your negative comments here will not get your boat delivered any quicker. Please keep a positive attitude here. The Owner's Club is a benefit provided by Bennington to further our enjoyment of these fine boats.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didnt intend to sound so  negative. Maybe i should just keep my comments to myself. thanks

I didnt intend to sound so  negative. Maybe i should just keep my comments to myself. thanks

Photos. we love photos. Post some when she arrives!

Happy Boating.

Perhaps you can parlay this into a spare prop or a winterization or something to temper your frustration.

This just showed up from Happy4sax. His boat arrived today. Note the date of his original post below. It should give you encouragement!

· 

Posted 7 April · 

Got the email from my dealer today. 

Boat is built and being shipped out today!

Should have pics by next weekend.   :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eager to hear when your new boat arrives!

Good news, boat is at dealer  will be ready tomorrow Friday 4 /14.

Good to hear.  Depending on your location/weather...you can be in the water by tomorrow afternoon.

Back