12V accessory outlet not working on new boat

GS6

Reaction score
2023 R series Pontoon. Had grandkids out on boat, went to air up the inner tube and the 12V outlet (cigarette lighter type plug) doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong? Are there any switches that need to be turned on or something to make it work? Very frustrated.

Last edited:
We have a Master electrical switch on the dash that controls the Simrad, Kicker stereo, lights etc. Do you have this or an Accessories switch that must be on before your 12V plug works??? Only thing I can think of....

Did you check your fuse / breakers ?
Have you checked under your helm to make sure its connected ? At times things can come loose during transport .
2023 , have you spoke with your dealer ?

We have a Master electrical switch on the dash that controls the Simrad, Kicker stereo, lights etc. Do you have this or an Accessories switch that must be on before your 12V plug works??? Only thing I can think of....
Master electrical is on and acc button is on. I can't think of anything else either...Thanks

Did you check your fuse / breakers ?
Have you checked under your helm to make sure its connected ? At times things can come loose during transport .
2023 , have you spoke with your dealer ?
All fuses / breakers appear to be good. No access to it under the helm without significant disassembly, which I don't want to do on a boat with only 8 hours on it. Next stop is the dealer...thanks.

I had one that didn’t work but it was because I didn’t have the switch on the helm turned on. You might want to double check that again.

Mine is an accessory switch (second from the right). It never seemed to do anything until the dealer explained it to me.

Attachments

• IMG_0961.jpeg
    IMG_0961.jpeg
    147.6 KB · Views: 10
I have the same issue as the original post. 2023 LX new this summer. 12 volt not working. Call is in to dealer

Granted my Bennington is a lot older than yours, my 12v adapter is tied in with my radio switch. Guessing yours is also tied to one of the switches.

Granted my Bennington is a lot older than yours, my 12v adapter is tied in with my radio switch. Guessing yours is also tied to one of the switches.
I don’t know what it’s connected to. I tried every combination I know and it was always dead. It’s up to the dealer and Bennington to fix now

Back