14 1/2 ' Double Bimini Top

BobZ

Reaction score
I had a 2008 2275 RL with double tops and camper enclosure. Lost boat last Jan 2013 to marina fire. I'm looking at a 2014 20' SL/SLX model and see that a 14 1/2' double bimini is an option. I'm not interested in the camper enclosure. Anyone have pics of this particular top. Is it 2 tops zipped together or an extra long single top? I haven't been able to find pics on the Benny website. Dealer hasn't ever seen one on his model. Thanks.

Double bimini is 2 tops.

I guess I should have stated it different. Is the rear top the standard 10' with a 4 1/2' top zippered on. The description talks about different attachments (to the rails I assume) and the upgrade is over $1400 MSRP. Seems like a lot of money for a small extension. My original double had the same attachments both front and rear.

bobz...What size motor are you going to run.We have a 20' slx but we only have a single bimini sorry.

Will use the Yamaha 70 with 25" tubes. Benny shows a max of 70 on their options. How did you get a 90? My original 2275 RL  had lots of bells and whistles with a Yamaha 150. This one, I'm leaving off the docking lights (never go out at night), the privacy enclosure (never used it) and cup holders (everyone always stored them under the seat because they were in the way). I had snap-in carpet in the RL but this one will have vinyl only. 

Look at my pics for the double. Dealer got frame and canvas from bennington and had local shop make it.

My two tops are from Bennington. I assume the size of the front bimini will vary with the size of the boat. In my gallery you can see the two tops, and they are the same with or without the full enclosure.

BOBZ...Our boat was originaly set for a 60 hp but we upgraded to the 90 hp max.The reason we could go 90 hp was the coast guard lowerd the capacity from 11 to 10 and supplied new sticker to supersede old capacity,hope that helps.

I measured my biminis today. The rear is 10 ft, the front is 6 1/2 ft.

Back