15p reliance prop

jraines

Reaction score
I was able to find a Yamaha reliance 14.25x 15 sps prop locally and after selling my first born I got it home. I just want to make sure using the thrust washer that came with the black aluminum prop the boat came with is ok. The thrust washer fits flush against the new prop and gives me the correct spacing from the lower case but it doesn't sit down in the new prop.

If you've got a new prop in staìnless, I would get new hardware.

When the dealer changed my original quicksilver prop to my new yami stainless, they had to change the whole setup. Different washers & lock washer & pin!

P.S. I hade to refinance the house for the new stainless prop, but boy, is it pretty! Better performance also!

And now I have a spare prop. I think if you hit the stainless hard enough to damage it, you will also need a new lower unit!!

Not sure where I can store that!

Well my selling dealer had put some inexpensive Michigan wheel prop on the boat and did use a different thrust washer. I called him today and he hooked me up with the correct one for the new SS prop. It looks great and fits great now I can't wait to get out and use it.

Not that I am totally interested but at least enough to be curious; I currently have a 13.5 x 15 aluminum prop what performance gains would a SS prop give me and are there other reasons I should consider?

I am not a believer in SS on engines under a 115.

Any gain would be so minute that you could never notice it.

Also, I like the idea of the prop taking the brunt of an rock/sandbar strike.

SS looks cool and makes your wallet lighter though!

Thanks BillN.  Mine is a 115, how about some other comments as to worthwhile or not on a 115

Don't do it Mark. You will not see a gain for the type of boating you do. But if you want to piss away $500 bucks I am in need of:

1. Box anchor

2. SJ4000 camera

3. $300 cash

Don't do it Mark. You will not see a gain for the type of boating you do. But if you want to piss away $500 bucks I am in need of:

1. Box anchor

2. SJ4000 camera

3. $300 cash
Think you're right Lakeliving, think I will buy a few extra cases of Mich Ultra and get a new float

I don't recall seeing those items on my list Mark!!!!!

Back